Infiltrating Cyberlife (part 2)

"Alright, alright, you win..." Connor says, defeated. You're very relieved... Maybe this Connor isn't that bad after all. Suddenly the bad Connor points his gun at Connor. Your dad immediately grabs the gun out of his hand as the real Connor starts attacking him. They fight for a moment. Then you see your dad pointing a gun at the two Connors. "Hold it!" He says. They both try to convince Hank that they're the real Conner... Luckily your dad is smart and starts asking questions.

Meanwhile you take your gun and take the elevator to floor -49. You stay in the elevator, having your gun loaded and listen to the conversation. You hear your dad asking where he first met Connor. You aren't surprised to hear it was at a bar. Ever since Cole's dead your dad has been drinking a lot. It's terrible, yet you're happy he drinks instead of using the famous drug red ice. Then he asks the other Connor what his dogs name is. He says Sumo... Yup, that's the correct answer... You wonder how they both know the answers. Then you remember that Connor told your dad that every time he dies, another Connor replaces him, and his memory gets uploaded by the new one. They must have done that! So both Connors have the same memory, but one can feel emotions and the other can't? That's so smart... Your thinking gets interrupted by Hank, asking the last question. "My son, what's his name?" He asks.

Tears appear in your eyes ...Of all the questions... It stays silent for a while... "Cole..." Connor answers "His name was Cole. He had just turned six at the time of the accident..." Tears fall down your face. After Cole died you didn't have anyone to really show your emotions to anymore... Your dad was totally broken. He 'shut down', you couldn't really talk to him. A small part of those bottled up emotions now started to flow.

"It wasn't your fault lieutenant..." you hear Connor say... You fully agree with him. It wasn't your dads fault. He has been blaming himself for Cole's death ever since it happened... But it looks like here, right now, he is starting to accept that it wasn't his fault. And neither was is the androids fault... Cole just couldn't have been saved anymore... You understand that now... And so does your dad.

You can't handle it anymore. You run out of the elevator, still crying. You shoot the fake Connor in his face, without hesitating. Than you run to the real Connor and hug him. Both he and Hank look at you, and then at each other with a surprised, confused and worried look. You know this is akward, but you just need a hug right now. You look into Connors eyes and let go "Sorry... I just... I finally know and believe now that you are really alive!" You say, wiping away your tears. You look at all the androids around you and smile slightly, saying "Now wake them up...You got a world to save!" Connor now smiles at you, then he nods, converts the androids and leaves.

You look at your dad, who is still confused. "How the f*ck did you even get here??" He finally says after a way too long, akward silence. "It's... a long story..." you say. "Well, I've got the time." He says, now smirking, though you can see he's still shocked. You sigh. The both of you get to Hanks house and talk, about everything. You talk about your mom, Cole and Connor. When you're done talking you put the news on. You hear madam president talking. "I know that public opinion has been moved by the deviants' cause. Perhaps the time has come for us to consider the possibility that androids are a new form of intelligent life. One thing is certain: the events in Detroit have changed the world forever." You cheer! He did it! You know everything is gonna change now. It will take some time to get used to, especially with your past, but with some help it'll all work out. Or at least you hope it will...