Normal Mornings but a small change

Pale morning light started to brighten up the large cave and a white furred pup with blue and red strips stirred.
"Mmmm, where's Bee?" He grumbled after stretching and looking around. It was a bit dark, but he could still see. Smokescreen and his siblings, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, and Wheeljack, all slept in a small side cave of from the larger one where the older wolves slept. They slept there so they could be the first to react to an oncoming attack in the darkened night.
    He pulled himself from Bulkhead's hugging grip, sidestepped over Arcee, and scampered into the larger cave, looking for Bee. Even if he was the most hyper out of his siblings, he still cared about them and their safety. He wanted to be just like their foster guardians and battle with pride when time came.
    When he ran in he expected to see the older wolves all asleep, scattered across the floor in their make shift beds but instead it was just really empty. Only morning light filtered in through the big cave entrance and lighted everything inside. No wolfformer could be seen anywhere.
   Smokescreen tucked his tail and laid his ears back, fear growing inside him. Where did they all go... was there an attack? W-were they!?....
" It's alright Smokescreen, not everyone is gone".
Smokescreen jumped and faced the back of the cave where medicines, serums, and different tools stayed on rocky, uneven shelves. " Ratchet!" He yelped and ran towards him. He nuzzled Ratchets muzzle, which he wasn't too fond about, and asked in a small whimper, "Where did everyone go?"
"Well..." Ratchet looked over at the gaping cave entrance were he could see pinks, oranges, and yellows start to lighten the navy blue sky.
" Just know they have left on a mission" He finally replied after a few moments of searing silence.
Some things the older wolves discussed weren't ment for the younger ones. Arcee was the one they really didn't want to listen in to, because she always had a smart aleck mind and very good hearing. And to add, her curiosity was even bigger than her spark!
   " A mission that requires all of them?! But missions only need three or four wolfformers!!" Smokescreen started, his high voice stirring Bumblebee awake.
" shh, some are still sleeping Smokescreen. We'll have this conversation another time" Ratchet replied angrily and looked down at Bee, who blinked up sleepily.
Smokescreen huffed in annoyance as the medic nudged Bumblebee back into sleeping. It was still too early for anyone to be up.
Smokescreen wandered off to where his favorite wolfformer was supposed to be. He expected to see silver fur with almost visible dark gray splotches marking across it. Expected to see the slow rise and fall of their back to show sleep mode was still in gear. And to see the small, light blue scar on the wolfformers nose which they got when they were a pup.
    The only thing he came to see was a bed made up of dried grass and silver, gray fur. It was set up near the cave entrance so they could be the first to react or simply be the first to see the welcoming dawn sky everyday.
   Smokescreen looked at the bed for a second longer, then made the decision to climb into the messy, dawn lit bed.
Jazz would always let Smokescreen sleep with him even if he had nightmares or if he got up too early in the mornings. He didn't really know why, but Jazz's personality always seemed to calm or relax him at times when he wasn't so hyped up.
Smokescreen sighed and peered over at the cave entrance, expecting to see Jazz come in and shout ' We're back! Did ya miss me?'. That thought made Smokescreen smile and he found himself drifting off to sleep with memories of Jazz...the wolfformer who chose to take him in.

   Smokescreen awoke to Bulkhead and Wheeljack jumping and pounding the life out of him. After his tiredness disappeared, he smiled a bit and batted at Wheeljack and kicked at Bulkhead. They laughed at Smokescreens's sudden energy and once he was out of their way, he jumped out of the messed up bed and turned around on his front paw.
     " Bet you can't catch me!" He teased and shot off like a bullet, running farther into the cave.
" That won't be a problem, right Bulk?" Wheeljack asked, grinning at his closet and older brother. " All right, Jackie!" Bulkhead respond, both of them racing after Smokescreen with full force.
   Arcee watched the ruff banter and didn't want to be apart of it so she padded off to Ratchet, who was starting to wake again. He growled annoyingly at the three pups racing and tussling with each other.
     She saw Bumblebee pop up from the grumpy medics fluffy tail, which didn't surprise her. Even if he couldn't say it, she knew her little brother took a particular fondness to the old medic from all the other wolfformers.
" Hey Bee. Sleep well?" She asked as she scampered up to him where he was underneath Ratchets tail. Bee popped up, gave a little shake, and nodded happily.
She smiled. It made her giggle inside every time she talked to him because she had to look down at him. Bumblebee was only shoulder height to Arcee and the others.
    She was about to talk more to him until Smokescreen bashed into her side. They rolled together until ramming themselves into Ratchets' medical wall.
" What's your problem!? You should watch where you're going!" Arcee shouted angrily, Smokescreen getting up and backing away from the furious she-pup.
    Arcee had a tendency to get mad really quick at her siblings which often ended up her being watched over by one of the older wolfformers  in the far corner, away from the others.
She scratched her claws on the rock floor and lunged at Smokescreen, who yelped and darted away before she got him.
She went for him again but soft fangs grabbed her scruff, holding her up from the floor and plopping her in their small, sleeping cave.
  " You will stay here until you calm down" Ratchet said gruffly. He hated doing things like this, it was normally done by Optimus or Drift. He never handled any of the pups scolding unless they get themselves hurt exploring around outside.
   " And you, Smokescreen, will sit by my station until I say you can leave". The energized pup scowled but padded off there, not wanting to get under the medics fur. Arcee grumbled and started scratching at the walls of the smaller cave to help wear her anger off.
Ratchet walked over to his station and started to look over his medical supplies.
Bulkhead, Wheeljack, and Bumblebee all looked at each other and agreed to sit by the cave entrance and finish watching the dawn sky melt into the day's normal light and dark blue sky.
" I wonder where Optimus and the others are" Bulkhead said, the one thing on everyone's mind.
" Don't worry Bulk, ya know Optimus. He will never leave us unguarded for too long" Wheeljack answered, allowing Bumblebee to lean onto his right side and rest his head on his shoulder. Bulkhead was sitting on his left side.
They were gazing at the rocky, desert terrain, the sun coming up, finally being able to be seen by the small wolfformers. It washed the lazy river beneath their paws into a metallic glaze.
    Clouds lazily floated across the sky, not rushing to any destination. It was so calm and peaceful and the pups wished for nothing more than this moment.
Wheeljack squinted into the far distance on one of the far plateaus. I figure stood, but he couldn't see their details. But one thing stood out to the ruff pup and it was that their head was dropped low, tail held high, and they were facing
directly at them. That stance could only mean a scout. And last time Wheeljack remembered, they didn't have scouts.

   " Ummm, Bulk........we got company".

XXXXXXX