07| phone

BELLA

Mr. Clement takes a seat next to me and my mother and father are infront of us.

Two women, that i assume are maids, serve food to us.

It all looks really good, i thank the women and start eating. I hear mr. Clement and my parents speaking to each other and making Conversation, but i don't really pay attention to them. This lasagna is really good.

"Bella."

"Hmm." I look up to the person who said my name, with my mouth full with food.

"How do you like the lasagna?" Ask mr. Clement laughing.

I smile, "It's really good, thank you."

"So how is my daughter doing in your class?" My father asks.

"She is a great student, but she could use  some help to become better, if you want i could tutor her on the side. I just live across from you, so you could just send her my way and i will take good care of her." Mr. Clement says with a warm smile towards my parents.

What! I don't need tutoring. Okay, yes maybe i'm not that good in french, but it's not that bad.

"Well that's a great idea, how much a hour?" My father asks while giving mr. Clement a smile.

"Oh no, i don't need money. I care about my students, i want them to be the best." He replied back to my father and then turning to me to give me a smile.

"How generous of you." My mother says.

Pff, it seems like my fate is sealed. I will have to offer my free time for French. Fun.

"Soo how did you become such a successfull teacher at such a youny age?" My curious mother asks.

"I'm just lucky, i guess. I always have had a passion for teaching. And when i was done with my studies, Jamerson High offered me a job."

He must be good then, if they came to him to offer a job.

"How old are you?" My mother ask without any shame. Oh my god that just rude. Is see my father looking at my mother as if she's crazy.

"I turned twenty-nine last week."

Oh yeah, he said in class that it was going to be his birthday, but i just totally forgot about that. I will have to give him something, atleast for him wasting his free time on my tutoring.

"Can i go to the bathroom?" I ask.

"Yeah sure, if you walk through that door and walk to the left, the first door is the bathroom." Mr. Clement says to me.

I thank him and stand up, i put my phone on the table and go to the bathroom. Once i've done my business, i walk back to the dining room and sit down again.

The rest of the dinner goes smoothly, and it is already time to go. We are all standing in by the front door saying our goodbye.

"Thank you for having us tonight, mr. Clement. We should do this again sometime." My father says while giving him a handshake.

"I agree, and please call me James." He says smiling.

"Thank you again James, for wanting to tutor Bella." My mother says.

"My pleasure, have a good night." Mr. Clement says.

I wave goodbye at him and walk with my parents towards our house. I walk upstairs to my room and undress to take a shower. Once i'm done showering, i put on my sweatpants and sweatshirt.