Prologue

//March 9, 2002//

(Author's Point of View)

8 year old Ji Soo Yun beamed as she heard the crunching of the brittle red leaf she had just stepped on. A sly smile crept up on her face as soon as she saw a fresh new puddle that was created when it had stopped raining. She was determined to stomp in it and make a great splash.

"Honey, don't get your new boots wet!" Soo Yun's mother didn't even have to look in order to prevent her daughter from continuing her naughty scheme.

"But Mom!" Soo Yun whined.

Soo Yun's family just finished their weekly grocery shopping trip and were now walking across the street to go back home. Right when they reached the crosswalk, however, Soo Yun saw a lady who was about her mom's age and a little boy with a unique smile etched on his face and porcelain skin. The boy was eagerly dragging his mom along the crosswalk while pointing to a music store. As the boy was dragging his mom to the other side, Soo Yun noticed a bracelet slipping off the mother's wrist and falling onto the pavement. Soo Yun broke free from her mom's grasp and quickly ran after them, picking up the purple bracelet in the process.

"Soo Yun! Get back over here!"

Though Soo Yun knew it was bad to disobey her parents, she still felt the need to return it. With her cute little legs, she tried to catch up with them, but it was too late. Right when Soo Yun saw them turn the corner, she knew what was coming next.

   *PAK*

Her worried-to-death mother  planted a firm slap on her shoulder.

"JI SOO YUN! DON'T YOU EVER DO THAT AGAIN, DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" She continued ranting on about what could have happened if a car didn't follow the signal, or if the bracelet falling off was just a plan so that someone could kidnap her, and so forth.

Soo Yun's dad noticed that people were starting to stare at them, some even giving them glares for being a nuisance, so he rubbed the mom's back as a sign for her to calm down. "Hei-Ran, it's time to go, we'll continue this conversation later," he whispered into her ear.

Long story short, Soo Yun's parents ended up taking all of her art supplies away as punishment. After three weeks she was elated to receive them again, and she suddenly got a crazy thought of trying to redraw the excited little boy's face. His jovial expression was ingrained in her mind as she was also hoping to meet him once more in the future.

// END OF PROLOGUE//

-

   (A/N)

Hi :) This is my first ever fanfic, so please bear with me.💀