Chapter 2

~Magical Time Skip~
The Next Day

(Soo Yun's Point of View)

Wow, this school is huge! It's big, and beautiful, and clean, and... Yeah, you get the point. Chan Mi has been pulling me into all sorts of different directions for the past two hours. We started the campus tour at 10:12 am, and we could've started earlier if it wasn't for me sleeping in and being a hassle to wake up (apparently it took Chan Mi a full 20 minutes to wake me up completely. Heheh.  ┐(゚~゚)┌ Welp.), but it is currently 12:07. I haven't even had breakfast yet! Bruh, I'm hungry.

I've finally had it. I'm done. I'm literally going crazy.

"Chan Mi! I. Want. To. Eat! I am so close to crawling up in a ball, so I could just die if we don't stop walking around! Chan Miiiii!!!" I left her speechless due to my sudden outburst. Though we just met and we pretty much don't know a lot about one another's personality that well, I still gave her the image of myself as a nice, fluffy girl. But what she doesn't know, is that everything will change if I don't get fed.

"I'm sorry, Chan Mi. I'm just really hungry right now and-"

"Say no more, my friend," now it was my turn to be dumbstruck. Wow, I thought she was going to be mad, end up hating me, and would result in ignoring each other for the rest of the school year, leaving me with no friends whatsoever. Well, maybe that's a little too far, but surprisingly, she just flashed me a cheeky grin and raced me to the nearest fast food place.

When we have finally made it to our destination, I took a seat, also noticing that Chan Mi was still giving me her cheeky look. "What?"

"It's nothing - fine, I'll tell you." This girl...

"Haha, well. I was was tiring you out on purpose to see how long you'd last before you would eventually ask me to stop and take a break. I have to say, though, that you were the first person to stay with me for at least over an hour. Haha. Most people find me too hyper and bubbly; you actually survived though... Sort of. Anyway, just take this as a compliment and an accomplishment. It means that you have high tolerance." She sent me a wink.

I countered it by candidly giving her a poker face.

"Well then... I'm just going to get some food..."

Chan Mi chuckled at my response, and rose up from her seat to follow me.

We changed our minds for our choice of food, from ordering greasy burgers to delicious cups of coffees and pastries. So, we had to walk all the way to the opposite side of the campus while crossing the road to reach the cafe.

As soon as we walked into the Starbucks cafe, my mouth instantly started to water as my nose got a big whiff of the delightful scent that lingered in all corners of the shop.

"Chan Mi~, oh my goodness~! I'm in heaven~!" I squealed.

I ran up to the barista like a little child and started to recite our order: one cheese danish, a sprouted grain vegan bagel, three cake pops, (two for me and one for Chan Mi ໒( ͡ᵔ ▾ ͡ᵔ )७), one venti Mango Dragonfruit Beverage, and a venti Red Velvet Cake Creme Frappuccino.

"Woah, how did you know that I really like the Red Velvet Frappuccino? I just told you I wanted a cake pop and a bagel," she asked after I gave the girl my debit card. Chan Mi had a confused facial expression on, making me giggle.

The barista handed me my receipt and the number of the order as I left a tip in the jar. "I didn't." I playfully stuck my tongue out at Chan Mi and turned around to find a table, skipping happily, not even minding the people in the area who were starting to stare at me.