City Council - Adam

Mayor Opal held a rag against his bleeding nose, courtesy of Amara. The towns people cautiously made their way out of the Community Center. They glanced at the bodies of the re-dead and choked up.

Pussies.

"Why were you all in one place like sitting ducks?" I asked while placing a hand on my daughters shoulder, who was still fuming.

"W-we were having a City Council meeting, we were talking about the things you said, like rationing food and closing the gates of the town. We weren't expecting the entire town to show up." Mayor Opal said while looking at the carnage of bodies in front of the towns precious Community Center.

I did the same as him, searching the faces of each person until I found who I was looking for.

"You didn't kill the infected from earlier." I let out a dark chuckle. "You called me and my CHILD out here, into the danger, over something that's your own fault? I specifically told you to kill them but what do you do? You let them roam fucking free and now 30 of YOUR towns people are dead and my daughter could've died too. I will personally kill everyone in this town if any harm ever comes to Amara because you stupid fucks choose to be saints and not do what I tell you." I fumed.

Amara quickly glanced at me with surprise in her eyes but quickly turned back to the towns people with a satisfied smirk.

"We're not 'gonna keep coming out here to save your asses." She finalized and we turned to go back to our vehicle.

"Wait! What are we supposed to do?" A random towns person asked and many other voiced along with her.

Without turning around I called back "figure it out!"

Me and Amara loaded into our golf cart and quickly turned it around leaving the towns people behind. I glanced into the rear view mirror and saw their sorrowful faces. I let out a long sigh and looked over at Amara, she was already looking at me. She gave a nod.

With a groan, I turned the golf cart around and headed back toward the townspeople.

When we pulled to a stop in front of them, their faces looked hopeful. We climbed out of our vehicle and made our way back to them.

"First order of business: Close the goddamn gates." I commanded.

The Mayor instructed he groundskeepers of the town to go close the gates.

"Take knives and if you see any dead or infected, aim for the head." I said to the 3 people who looked frightened to death.

"I'll go with them." Amara said and before I could protest she continued, "They'll probably die, I promise I'll be careful. The four of us will make it back."