Front Yard Beatdown: Amara

Sharing a bathroom with boys and an injured little girl is NOT fun. I didn't want to put a catheter in Kyleigh so anytime she has to use the restroom, one of us lifts her up and takes her there.

Adam was done working on her metal leg but we were waiting for her wound to finish healing before we attach it. We could put it into the wound and make it bond with her leg but that would cause her intense pain for a long time. She wouldn't be able to walk or run pain free for at least a year.

That's too much for a kid to go through, as if she hasn't been through enough already.

"Amara! Hurry out the bathroom, Noah has to shower too!" My dad yells through the restroom door. I let out a growl and swipe my wet hair out of my face. It's MY bathroom.

I hurriedly put on my combat clothes for the day and swiftly walked out of the restroom, making sure yo shoulder check Noah since he probably snitched to my dad.

I walked into the living room where Montre and my dad were sitting down and conversing. "Have you talked to anyone from town?" I asked him, interrupting their conversation. Not like I care. Adam let out a sigh.

"Yes. They let in a few strangers but they swear the gates are permanently closed now and that no one else has been bitten." He told me. I let out a curse.

"Are they stupid? They can't keep people they don't know inside." I complained while rubbing my temple roughly.

"But..... isn't that what you did." Montre retorted.

I snapped my head toward him and glared. "I'll put your ungrateful ass back outside that gate." I snarled at him. He scoffed and stood up, "You and what army?" He asked smartly.

I pulled my gun out and put it to his temple faster than he could blink. "Me and all the bullets in my .22." He just rolled his eyes at me but I could see a hint of fear. "You wouldn't be so tough if you didn't have a gun." He gritted out.

"Mistake." My dad interjected.

I put my gun back into my hip holster and grabbed him by his ear, dragging him outside.

When we reached an open spot in the yard, I let him go. He stepped away quickly rubbing his ear and mumbling profanity. One by one, I disarmed all of my weapons and gave them to my dad who had followed us outside.

I stretched my muscles quickly while Montre looked at me confused.

"What's she doing?" He asked my dad.

"Fight." Was all he responded.

I took my cue and swung my fist into his cheek.

He stumbled back a bit and cursed.

I punched him in his nose.

"I'm not fighting you. You're a girl!"

I did a spinning elbow into his neck, temporarily stopping his breathing, only for a couple seconds.

I kicked him in his ribs.

"STOP!"

A jab to his eye.

My next hit he put his hand out to stop it, instead I grabbed his arm and flipped him over my shoulder. He landed on his stomach, I pulled his arm behind his back and push it up toward his head, in and uncomfortable position.

"Ah, Ah! Okay, okay,okay, okay. Stop! Please stop! I take it back!" He basically screamed. I let his arm go, but before I could get off his back, Noah came rushing out of the house, looking around for danger, then he saw me on top of his brother and his nostrils flared.