Chapter 16

"What does he got for you?" Hyejin asked and Jungkook's eyes were wandering the room, looking for an answer.

He didn't want to answer her honestly since it's way too embarrassing to be said out loud. And he's betting that Junmin will get his ass whooped if she knew about this gag gift to him.

It was a small box but it was filled with condoms and other things that's nasty enough for Jungkook so he closed the box as quickly as possible.

What the heck was that guy thinking? He was threatening me with killing me earlier if ever I touch his sister and now he's giving me some kind of protection? The hell even.

"Ah, it's nothing special. Just a simple comic books." Jungkook lied and returned the box back inside the paper bag and placed it away from them.

"Open mine!" Hyejin said and pushed the box, a little bit bigger than Junmin's and he doesn't really know what to expect.

And it looked like it's a shoe box. He took it out from the paper bag and he was looking at his noona expectantly.

"Hope you like it!" Hyejin smiled at him brightly and he proceeded on unboxing the, suspected shoes.

And he was right, it was a pair of shoes, the top of the box was saying Timberlands in a fancy yet a little wacky font.

He opened the box and a pair of brown boots was right in front of him. A smile slowly crept up in his lips but he looked up at Hyejin, shocked to have what he really wanted in his birthday.

"How?"

"Oh well, it's just that you've always had an eye for that shoes every-time we go to the mall." She explained and shrugged, Jungkook tackling her into a tight hug.

"You're seriously the best girlfriend ever." He chirped, face dug down on her stomach. They were both giggling but the word was just not right.

Hyejin turned silent and Jungkook knew he fucked up. He backed away from her and let go of her, awkwardly clearing his throat and avoiding eye contact.

"Sorry." He mumbled and Hyejin just looked at him intently.

"Happy birthday, Kookie." She was quick to change the subject, avoiding the topic like Matrix. Jungkook then nodded, his stupidity just a minute ago was haunting him already.

"Thank you! You really are the best. I love you." Jungkook said, being affectionate to his noona all of a sudden, hugging her by the waist again.

She just giggled and hummed, his I love you was far forgotten. And that hurt a lot but Jungkook decided to just ignore it. Oh well, that's what you get for loving someone who doesn't love you for real.

I guess I'm just taken for granted. But unfortunately, I'm not even taken.

Jungkook thought to himself. He's in a grave position, to be honest. Because if ever Hyejin lost her feelings for him, she can just leave him there alone and act as if nothing happened. As if they never shared some I love yous before. As if they haven't kissed discreetly, as if they never planned their future together.

Jungkook doesn't get the logic as to why she wouldn't date him for real. Because with what they're doing now, it's absolutely the same thing, but without the label.

He shook his head at the thought of their relationship bugging him again, as if it's a nightmare he can't wale up from. Well, even if this is a nightmare, he wouldn't dare waking up to the fact that he doesn't accept him as her lover.