Chapter 32

Since Jungkook is the Golden Maknae but the photoshoot is way more stronger than the strong Jungkook, the photoshoot lasted until mid-afternoon.

Hyejin smiled at him amusingly, waiting at Jungkook from the back door where people don't usually go. He glared at her and scoffed, his ego was being hurt.

"Hey." Hyejin greeted and he played it cool. He acted as if he wasn't really pissed off because his promise to Hyejin to make him look good for her was destroyed.

But it was okay, Hyejin looked happy so it was perfectly fine for him. Except his ego has gotten smaller. Jungkook likes competition but he doesn't like losing. Who would like to lose, anyways?

"Let's go." Jungkook smiled weakly and passed by her that made the smile on Hyejin's lips turn upside down. She must've made him upset, so she quickly caught his wrist with her small hands and made Jungkook turn to her.

"Wait. Even if you finished late, it will still be my treat." She clarified and Jungkook nodded, the matter not really bothering him because he knows he could pay for their date. But there's only one thing that matters to him.

"How about the kiss? Do I still get it?" He asked and she almost choked on thin air. How could he still have that in mind?

"Uh-No. You're not going to have that because we agreed that we're only going out, we're not allowed to do that." Hyejin was quick to disapprove of the subject.

They agreed on going out only. And Hyejin knows that they aren't anything near to do something like that. She won't do that again because they are unlabeled. And it hurts a lot to do those things only to know that you have no position to do such things.

"Why not?" Jungkook asked confused and Hyejin shook her head. It's a big NO for her because she doesn't want to get Jungkook's hopes up once again.

"We agreed on going out but not to do things like that. We can hang out even if we don't kiss. It's not required, right?"

"Okay, fine. Whatever you say." Jungkook replied, nodding and Hyejin was glad that she made herself clear. Hopefully, her friendship with Jungkook won't be ruined again.

They both then walked to the parking lot where the door lead them. They trod their way to her car to drive to the food park they'll go. Jungkook followed obediently and looked out for anything suspicious because he can't let anyone see them.

When they finally reached Hyejin's ride, they both got in and Jungkook rode shotgun. She immediately wore her seatbelt and turned to Jungkook who was just looking at her.

"What are you doing?" Hyejin asked but Jungkook stared right through her soul.

"Wear your seatbelt, dummy. We don't wanna get caught, right?" But Jungkook was as firm as stone staring down at her.

Hyejin was worried and concerned so she immediately snapped her fingers in front of his face to wake him up to reality. He blinked, finally, but Jungkook passed the out of this world state to her when he pressed his lips on her cheek.

Jungkook just stole her a kiss. From the cheeks.

"You didn't want to kiss me so I decided to just kiss you instead. I weren't really pertaining to kiss my lips." Jungkook chuckled and his dazed facade was just his way to tease her.

Hyejin's face turned beet red at Jungkook's words. The punk was playing with her feelings. She groaned quietly to herself but Jungkook's sharp senses felt her annoyance and that just made him laugh.

"Piss off, Jeon." Hyejin rolled her eyes and he just kept on laughing. Now Jungkook finally regained his ego.

🥀🥀🥀

The place was quite discreet and it wasn't that famous enough for many people to gather there. Hyejin looked for places carefully to take care of Jungkook's privacy, along with hers.

Jungkook appreciated it so he tried to be at least, be a little nice to her. He lessened his teasing to her height and her flushed face earlier in the car. If that was his definition of being nice then maybe he's already nice enough so he returned back in teasing her again.

"Shut up, Jungkook. You're annoying me." Hyejin groaned at him and Jungkook was given a fit of laughter that his obviously loud laughter caught everyone's attention.

She facepalmed and shook her head. She was already being teased and now they're gaining unwanted attention. How far can Jungkook go in embarrassing her in public?

They both finally selected a place for them and settled down. Hyejin fished her phone from her bag and started scrolling through her feed since it's been a while ever since she last checked her social media accounts.  While Jungkook is sitting in front of her, playing with the decorations on the table.

"Yah, stop using your phone!" Jungkook commanded and he kept on reaching for her phone but she was quick to evade his hand.

"I thought we're hanging out?" He pouted and tried to look cute because he knows Hyejin has a weak side for cute boys.

But Jungkook's effort was still being ignored. He's not getting it. He worked hard and fast just to hang out with her, now he's being ignored?

He quickly snatched her phone and looked through her phone. There were messages displayed and Jungkook was furious enough to keep her phone in his pocket.

"Give it back to me!" She ordered but Jungkook seemed to be mad so she tried calming down a little bit.

"You're flirting with another guy while you're with me?"  He asked, scoffing that made Hyejin guilty.

She was talking to one of their models. Well, Hyejin and him have a very close friendship that it kind of turn into something more. More than friends, less than lovers.

"I know I'm in no position to be jealous but you made me mad so here are some rules," Jungkook stated that made her gulp. She sat down on her seat and quivered slightly.

The Jungkook right in front of her is different. It's no angel, no sweet lamb that always obeys to her words. Not the Jungkook that lets her do anything she wants because he's way too innocent to know the world.

But now, Jungkook knows everything.

"If you're with me, phones are not allowed. It would be unfair if it's just you so I'm also not allowed." Jungkook started and Hyejin nodded, eyes wandering around except Jungkook's eyes. He's speaking in his low and more controlling voice that she suddenly lost her voice to oppose anything he says.

"You can flirt with other guys but not around me. Not on my watch." He declared sternly that Hyejin only nod her head.

"I know you're not ready. All I want is at least, just your time and attention. It's okay if you don't give me your heart. Just give me those two things that gives me the illusion that you love me." Jungkook begged and that broke Hyejin's heart.

It's almost as if she was told that she never loved him in her whole life. Not even just one bit of her heart forgot him so it hurts to know that Jungkook that she never loved him.

But in all honesty, she still loves him.

—————

My asthmatic ass is dying. Good news, I might be starting Sugar N' Salt (A Jimin FanFic) again soon!

Enjoy and happy reading! Happy 9k reads! Lovelots
💖💘💜💞💕💝💗💓