Chapter 18

"Are you ready, honey? Oh my goodness, I'll miss you so much, my little princess." Hyejin's mom started tearing up even though they haven't left the door yet.

Today's the day for Hyejin to depart to France. She was not being demanding when she chose the exclusive art school. But since she was given the chance, why not pick the best?

"Come on, mom. I'll call you everyday, okay?" Hyejin assured, patting her back and she couldn't really help tearing up. It's the first time for her to send her daughter very far away from her.

"I know but I just can't believe I'll let you go more than 50 feet away. You'll be miles away from us now." She stammered, words a little bit slurry but Hyejin smiled softly, pulling her mom into hug.

"You always left Junmin to me every time you need to go out. I'm confident that I'll be taking care of myself pretty well." Junmin just watched them in disgust as a drama uncovers right before him.

But he's not gonna lie, he actually does feel bad that she's going to leave him behind. They might be fighting almost all the time but they sure have shared a few problems with each other here and there.

Be it a simple Jungkook cheated on the game again or I actually need you to come and talk to the teacher since my grades are bad.

And seeing her leave like this, hurts something in him. Part because there's no one he can vent to and tease. And part because Jungkook will be left behind clueless.

Hyejin noticed Junmin's upset stare at her and she just placed a hand on his shoulder, gently squeezing it.

"Take care of mom, okay? And study well! You should limit yourself from video games and read your books sometimes." She ordered her brother and he just waved his hand at her face.

"I know what I have to do. Don't you feel guilty, though? Leaving him without any word?" Junmin was still worried about his beat friend who's in Seoul for a week to go on and audition for different entertainments.

Which Hyejin thought was a very good timing since she could leave without Jungkook noticing.

"How about you? Did you leave any note for him, huh?" Hyejin mocked and not really answering his question. And since Junmin's easily distracted, he forgot about his question for her.

"Of course!" Junmin replied and they started arguing. Today is also the day that they'll be moving to Seoul. Junmin kind of hoped that he could see Jungkook there and surprise him but Seoul is too big.

He made sure to leave a note for his best friend just to keep him sane and not think that they left him for no reason. And he hopes that Jungkook understands them.

🥀🥀🥀

Jungkook was fresh from Seoul and his smile was up to his ears. He got off the bus and quickly ran inside their house to tell his family the very good news.

"Mom, dad, I got accepted in BigHit Entertainment! It's not too popular but I'll work hard!" Jungkook chirped and his mom welcomed with a warm smile.

"That's great! By the way, Junmin left you a letter." She handed the boy a letter, leaving him confused.

That's so old style. And he isn't the type to do something like this.

Jungkook then nodded, running hi way up to his room before reading such mysterious letter. It was just a plain white paper but he sure did fill it all up.