Fourth Chapter

4 Months Later
Jade

My fingers flipped through the file I was holding. It was small, had only 3 pages in it. Each one was pouring with information about the newest mutant to cross SHIELD's radar. I flipped back to the front page to see a photo of her. She had the biggest smile, but I see that in all the teenagers files. Her blonde hair had been pulled back in a ponytail and she was holding a cricket ball. She also had some sought of cricket gear on. I looked back to the information and huffed, slamming the file closed and turning to the director.

"Please don't tell me you have this young girl full of potential locked 50 feet under." I asked and leaned on the elevator walls. It made this creaking noise and I did my best to shove that to the back of my head. We slowed to a stop and I adjusted my uniform before stepping out into the LED lit hallway. Two guards stood in front of us and I shoved the file at one of them, starting my march to the end.

"Not for long, that's why your here." He answered and I slowed down, kind of confused. I looked at Hill and she just shrugged.

"Fury, what are you saying?" I asked and quickened my pace to keep up with him. The tight hallway we were in was underground, and surrounded by concrete. An occasional rusty pipe would peek out, but I'm pretty sure it's just their to make it more scary down here. Last time I was down here, a kid died in my arms, so I'm not too fond of the place. This time, the walls had scorch marks and dents in them. Every kid has their own little spark that decorated this hallway so this wasn't any different. We were quickly approaching a dead end and Fury stopped abruptly, turning to me.

"I'm saying that this girl needs to be transported to Xavier, immediately." He told me and leaned his hand on the thumbprint scanner. It slowly and loudly opened to reveal a huge room with a box in it. By first glance, I thought it was just a container, but then you could see the door outline because of the key hole, and the fact that the black box was shaking. Two guards were standing around the box, both seeming exhausted and nervous at the same time. I quickly rushed down the small staircase and towards the door of the prison.

"How will we get her out of here?" Hill asked, following me. I put my hand to the box and jumped back, cradling it. It was burning hot and now Jake is going to have a lot of assumptions for the blisters on my hand. I spun towards Fury, taking a sharp breath and squealing silently in pain as I jumped up and down. The director shook his head in disappointment and walked down the stairs, pulling a suitcase from behind his trench coat.

"Xavier had some scientists conjure up a power dampener, she'll be able to walk around." He replied to Maria and opened it in front of us. I leaned forward to see it more clearly and was kind of disappointed. It was two bracelets, probably with magnetic properties in case anything went wrong. Hill turned to the two guards and for some reason they were able to read her mind. Man, I can't and she's one of my bestest friends.

They walked to the door of the box and opened it before dodging to the side. Flames burst out and I braced for the painful heat that followed. I opened my eyes and saw the girl from the picture, but much more damaged and broken. Fury nudged me with the suitcase and I nodded, grabbing the bracelets. I slowly made my way to the door and it just got more hot, and I was instantly sweating. Yuck.

"Get away! I'll hurt you!" She cried and tried absorbing herself into the wall. Now that I was inside, I saw the white room that prisoners are usually put in. It wasn't white, first of all. It was black, and scorched, and I could smell the pillowcase still burning.

"Hey, sweetie, don't say that, I'm a trained agent, you'll scare me." I joked. She didn't laugh, but I did. Silently. She hugged her knees and shook her head, her face was getting redder than it was before. Damn she's going to start crying.

"I hurt my Dad, and he was in the marines." She refused to accept the fact that I wasn't leaving. I pulled out the bracelets and knelt in the middle of the room.

"See these?" I asked and slid them over to her. She sniffed and picked them up, examining the silver details.

"What are they?" The girl inquired and looked up at me.

"Power dampeners, enough time for us to take you somewhere much safer and prettier and overall better than this." I answered. She looked up at me as if I told her Netflix was free. The girl rushed to put them on because her life depended on it. The moment they clicked on her wrist, my sweating stopped and the fire in the corner died down pretty quickly. She stood up and smiled, running over and embracing me in a hug.

"Miss, you are a superhero!" She exclaimed and I honestly didn't feel more warm inside then ever before. It wasn't her heat powers that caused it, but it was just the overall fact that I've helped someone. And I'm friends with actual superheroes, so it was a huge impact. I hugged back and turned to look at Fury. He gave me a thumbs up with his eyes. Basically means that he's proud of me. Man, what a story for Jake and the rest of the Nine-Nine.

Jake
Text 1:30pm: heyy supersis, me and rosa got a murder/fire case and we need ur agent help pls

Authors Note
Sorry for taking forever guys but I just had a million assignments at school but I got this, it's the holidays, I'll update more
-Sal