Chapter 3 - Rain or Tears

The day ended quite fast, but I had the bad luck to be held behind by one of the professors who apperently knew some of the professors who teach in my previous school, so he wanted to talk about them.

As I finally escaped I saw she was still here. Alycia was still here.

She looked tired, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to aproach her. But then she made the decision for me, she turned to the exit and left.

I never walked so fast in my life.

I didn't even know why, I just acted on my instinct and followed her.

When I stepped outside I noticed it was raining. The hell? How did I not notice this before??

I looked around and there she was, umbrella already opened and walking home.

Walking the same way I did.

I quickly opened my umbrella and hurried to catch up to her, but as I did that, I realised. Maybe I didn't really want to aproach her, not now.

There was something appealing in watching her walk in the rain, trying to gaze at the stars from under her umbrella.

She continued to walk, and I noticed little things.

How she always walked on the stone that was dividing the park from the street, and with spread arms, none the less.

How she elegantly walked between the puddles, but how if they were small enough, she would jump over them.

She still had the heart of a child.

We walked like that for a while, but then she started to slow down.

Until she stopped in place.

She stood so that I saw her in the profile as she tilted her umbrella, wanting to see the stars.

And then she just lowered it to the ground.

She lifted her head to the sky, looked at it for a few moments and then closed her eyes, letting the rain soak her to the bones.

I watched her from a distance, but when I got closer I saw something, out of place.

Her cheeks were glittering, from water, but it didn't look like the rest of her face, that was also covered in rain, it glittered specially, different.

Like the glitter was caused by something else.

Like she is crying.

That thought hit me well... And for the whole time we stood there after that, I couldn't decide.

I couldn't decide if she was crying, or if it was simply the rain that was all over her face.

And I secretly hoped it was the first one.