Healed wounds

Lance's POV

Keith walks about two steps before falling. jumping forwards i catch him and my leg gives way beneath us. we fall to the ground, pain flashes up my leg and i groan in pain. scooting back i make it over to the wall before pulling Keith in between my legs. one leg help him to stay up right and the other stop him from falling.

"Keith, come on pal talk to me." moving his hair out of the way i feel his forehead. he's pale and sweating, not a good sign. "Pidge, he's passed out" i report over the com's, hoping that she has something for me.

"Lance?" he mumbles and his eyes flutter open. those glowing purple eyes look up at me and i am reminded again of how much i love this guy.

"Keith. it's okay we're in red and i am going to get you into a healing pod as fast as i can." i reassure and look out the glass to where the castle is starting to come into view.

"you need a pod too" he mumbles and looks towards my leg and the slowly expanding puddle of blood under it.

"no, don't worry about me" turning his chin i direct his eyes back up to me. "your the one who need to be worried, you've lost a lot of blood."

"i 'member when you where in the pod." he talks like he didn't hear what i had just said. "you looked so pretty, like and angel" despite the circumstances i blush.

"yeah, and pretty soon your going to look like even more of an angel then you already do" brushing his hair back i look at his face instead of the slowly darkening shirt that he's wearing. taking his weak hand in him i give it a squeeze and he squeezes back, weakly. 

"we need to get him into a healing pod." Pidge's voice comes back. "the bandage i put on was not well done and is probably leaking so get there as fast as you can."

"i have a healing pod ready for him so come right here" Coran confirms. 

"we'll be there as fast as we can" hearing me, red move a little faster.

"i'm sorry lance" Keith mutters before his hand in mine goes limp and my heart jumps into my chest. fumbling i feel for a pulse. holding my breath until i barley find a feint thump.

"just hold on Keith, hold on" seeing the castle in front of us i pick his light weight up bridal style and limp over to the exit.

adrenaline pumping through me i race out of the lion the moment i can. my leg screams at me but my stress and worry for the pale boy in my arms was far to overwhelming. running into the healing room i look to Allura for instructions.

"here" taking his hurt arm she gently lifts him up into one of the pod, i do the same on the other side. the moment he's in the door closes and leg finally gives way. i fall onto the table next to me and cry out in pain. "lance! your leg" rushing over to me Allura helps to sit me up on the table before pulling my leg up for her to study.

"one of the arrows nicked it." i explain.

"yes. we don't have any of the other healing pods working right at the moment so i am going to have to do this the old fashioned way." Coran walks in and sees my leg.

"i'll get the medical kit" turning he walks over to the back of the room. a minute later the rest of the paladins rush into the room.

"Keith!" Pidge rushes over to Allura as Shiro walks up to Keith's pod.

"lance" Hunk walks up to me, looking worriedly at my leg. "what happened to your leg?"

"they fired arrows at us and i jumped in front of Keith. one of them got the edge of my leg though." he leans down and looks at my wound.

"guys" Pidge and Allura speak up.

"we need to apologize."

"we knew that Keith was injured and we did not say anything"my blood boils as anger raises inside me. they knew that Keith was injured yet they didn't say anything and sent him out on a mission.

"Keith asked us not to say anything to your guys. but if we knew how bad it was we would have told you right away." they both look down ashamed.

"it's alright" Shiro forgives them. "i know how bad Keith can get and have fallen for his words countless times before."

"yeah we should just be glad that nothing worse happened." Hunk chimes in.annoyed at how calm they are being about this.

"guys, Keith could have died out there!" i splurt out, "you didn't see him. he passed out in my arm and i hardly found a pulse." my arms shake, remembering the fear i had felt.

"Lance i'm sorry-"

"yeah, but sorry isn't going to change the face that he nearly died today!" just saying it out loud made all of this real. "if you had just told us"

"i said i am sorry!" Pidge cries out and looks up at me with teary eyes and a trembling bottom lip. my words die on my lips and a sob of my own escapes. Tears fall down my cheeks and i break down.

"i'm sorry" i say between sobs. Pidge sits down next to me and pulls me into a hug, which i gladly return.

"it's okay, your just worried."

"yeah. he's fine now at least." wiping my eyes on her shoulder i sniffle.

"yes, Keith shouldn't be too long i'm afraid. i have only managed to fix the pod for three quarters of the time that he will need." Coran says solemnly.

"after that he will need to rest and heal the normal way. same with you lance, since the pod's aren't working you will also need to heal naturally." nodding i look up at Keith peaceful face. his hair move about around him, making his look like a angel with a halo. i wasn't lying before when i said that Keith always looks like an angel but damn. 

"that's cool, i suppose." looking away from him i shrug.

"does that mean he gets crutches?' Hunk asked happily.

"yea, and you will be restricted to the couch and bed for the next week." Coran walks over with the medical box. "along with Keith." he then adds as a second thought. from beside me Pidge lets out a evil laugh.

"have fun" she whispers into my ear and my face burns up.

"shut up" i mumble back.

"drink this" Allura hands me a small bottle containing clear liquid. "that will take away some of the pain." as if Allura saying that triggers something i wince as the pain makes itself known.

"thanks" gulping i down i try not to pull a sour face at the bitterness of it.

"now stay still, i need to stitch the wound back together" Coran turns his back to me so that i don't see what he's doing. at first there is a prickling feeling before it dims down to nothing.

"my legs numb" i say giddily. 

"good, that means that it's working" barley glancing at me, Allura watches what Coran's doing.