Boyfriends

after getting Allura to look at my stitches and give me the all clear i am sent straight to the living room with instructions to rest. which grudgingly, i did. draging my feet behind me i make my way to the living room. 

everybody else has already gone to bed so hopefully Lance has already fallen asleep, hopefully. pausing in the doorway to gather my wits i breath out to calm my nerves, why am i so nervous anyway?

shaking those thoughts away i walk in. just my luck that he's still awake, with the light one, sitting up reading a book, almost like he was waiting for me. sighing i sit down onto the couch and pull the blankets closer to me.

looking at my arm i try decide weather or not to take the sling off, but then Allura's warning echos through my head and i decide to keep it on.

"Keith?" his voice has changed from before. earlier it had been harsh and demanding, now it was soft. i don't answer him and instead focus on rearranging the pillows behind me. "look i wanted to say that i am sorry for the way that i have been treating you." 

i stop what i'm doing to listen to him. "i was just angry that's all. angry about how everybody had left you," confused i look over at him. "i think that it was wrong of all of those people to leave you and i wanted you to know that i am never going to leave your side." a warm feeling expands in my chest.

"thanks, that means a lot"  for better or worse i can't stay mad at Lance for long, especially when he talks like that and gives me the look that he's giving me now.

"i couldn't stop thinking about how somebody could leave somebody as amazing as you" he keeps my gaze steadily. "because Keith i think that your amazing,"

"Lance?" his face flushes.

"i mean it Keith. so i'm sorry for acting mean towards you and ignoring you, i just had a lot on my mind."

"okay, but Lance? can we stop fighting?" my eyes widen and a smile grows on my lips. "all of the bickering and arguing that we used to do, can it never happen again?"

"i would like that." a silence falls as i build up the nerve to ask him what has been on my mind.

"night Lance" pulling the blankets up Keith closes his eyes and rests his head. watching his peaceful face for a moment i sigh, looks like i'm going to have to save that question for another time.

clicking the light off i close my own eyes.shifting to get comfortable with my leg outstretched.

Keith's POV

i wake up, sweating and gasping. my shoulder thumps with a pulsing pain as i lay there, in the dark, gasping. cold yet hot, a fever. shaking i whimper a little at the bile that rises up in my throat.

i had told Allura about my late night fevers and she said that it was normal and would get better. curling up i pull my knees close and close my eyes. i lay there for a couple of minuets, holding back tears at how bad i feel right now.

i whimper again as the pulsing in my shoulder gets more painful. the blanket on top of me shifts as a long skinny arm snakes it's way around my waist. i don't object as i am pulled into Lance's body, instead resting my head on his chest i curl into him.

not noticing how well i fit under his arm i listen to the beat of his heart. he brushes my hair away from my head and places his cool hand on my forehead. i shiver at the touch.

"do you feel like you have a fever?" shaking i turn my head further into his chest.

"'llura said that it'll get better" i murmur. tightening his grip on my waist he pulls me comfortably under his arm and runs his other hand through my hair. 

"Keith?" i make a noise to let him know that i'm listening. "do you like me?" his hand stalls in my hair and i stiffen. 

"what do you mean?"

"i mean do you like me? as in like, like?" i freeze up.

"why?" i can't help the venom that makes it's way into my voice.

"i um," his voice wobbles. "i was wondering if" he clears his throat and stops himself. "i wanted to know weather or not you would consider being my boyfriend." my breath catches and after a moment to let what he just said settle in i push up with my good arm and face him.

"what?" i splutter out.

"would you be my boyfriend?" he says louder and more confidently. i stare at him in the dark, if it wasn't for the pain in my shoulder i would have sworn that i was dreaming right now. "if you don't want to then just say" he shuffles in the dark.

"yes" i say  after a moment of silence.

"really?" taking a deep breath i repeat my answer.

"yes, yes i will be your boyfriend Lance" i can't help the huge grin that hurt my lip or the fuzzy feeling in my chest.

"yes!" he cheers and puts both hands around my waist. pulling me up he places me between his legs and pulls me closer. laughing i look up at him, he looks down at me with a matching look. shivering i am hit with the chills and curl up closer to him.

my legs are over his good leg and my back is against his opposite arm and shoulder. my head is set against the bottom of his neck, a perfect fit.

"get some rest, i'll look after you" his hand finds it's way back to my hair and starts to run through it. 

"but," i object wanting this moment that we have to last forever.

"i'll wake you up before the other get here" he assures. closing my eyes i exhale and listen to his steady thumping heart beat. a blanket is pulled up over the two of us and the last thing that i feel before sleep pulls me under is Lances lips on my forehead.

Lance's POV

i look down at Keith sleeping in my arms and smile softy. gently touching his face i take in his peaceful look.

i actually did it, i asked my long time crush Keith out. and he said yes. there was a moment there where i feared that he would say no but then he didn't. then he said yes and i could not have been happier. 

tightening my grip on him i rest my head so that i am looking down at him. i could get used to this.