vi. Jasper

'I like to be left alone, but when people don't notice my absence it hurts. I know it's my fault, but I feel so damn lost, I just want someone to notice.'

Standing outside the dropship with her back against the cold metal, Corey rubbed her knuckles hissing when she touched the small bruises that had started to form. 

She cursed Bellamy Blake and his strong jaw as she cracked her knuckles, waiting for Clarke so that they could leave to find Jasper, who the older Griffin was convinced was still alive.

As Clarke exited the dropship she gave her cousin a small smile "Your coming to get Jasper with us right?" She questioned.

"Of course, he's one of the only people I've got left Clarke, where's everyone else?" She asked, looking behind her cousin and seeing no one else yet.#

"Finn's refusing to go, says it's a suicide mission," Clarke sighed as Corey scoffed, angered by the boys sudden cowardice "And I told Monty he couldn't go, he's to important." Clarke informed receiving a nod in reply.

Wells joined the pair outside and Corey wasn't sure what to think with that decision, sure he was smart and strong but if they wanted any other help, no one would with Wells on their side.

"What do we do now?" Corey questioned.

"Follow me." Clarke sighed, Corey could tell by the look on her face that she wasn't so sure about what she was about to do but whatever it was she'd help.

"-Other's said it looked like a giant snake." She heard Octavia say as they approached the Blake siblings.

"You could have been killed." Bellamy sighed as he re-tied the make shift bandage on Octavia's leg.

"She would have been if Jasper didn't jump in to pull her out." Clarke jumped into the conversation as Bellamy turned to the three of them, her eyes widening at the large bruise that had formed on his jaw.

Corey turned away from the sight feeling guilty, her parents had never raised her to be aggressive or violent, in fact they'd done the exact opposite, she'd been taught to help others when they needed it and to be subtle ad sneaky not abrupt and stupid.

"You guys leaving?" Octavia questioned, bringing Corey back to the task at hand, although she wasn't quite sure what that was "I'm coming too." 

"No, no," Bellamy instantly denied "No way, not again." 

"He's right, your legs just gonna slow us down," Clarke regretfully informed the now deflated brunette "I'm here for you." She said, turning to Bellamy as Corey and Wells shared a shocked look.

"Clarke what are you doing?" Wells questioned.

"I hear you have a gun." She ignored Wells as she continued, Bellamy's gaze flickering from Clarke to Corey causing the younger blonde to turn away as he pulled up the side of his shirt, revealing the gun tucked in his waistband.

"Good follow me." Clarke began to walk the other way before Bellamy stopped her.

"And why would I do that?" He questioned sarcastically. 

"Because you want them to follow you, and right now their thinking only one of us is scared." Clarke played on his weakness as Corey smirked skipping to her cousins side.

"Murphy, come with me," Corey heard Bellamy say as she ran ahead "Adam, my sister doesn't leave this camp is that clear?" He ordered.

After that Corey was able to block out the conversation as she continued on, taking the now familiar route through the forest.