xxi. The War

' I can't lose you. Because if I ever did, I'd have lost my best friend, my soul mate, my smile, my laugh, my everything. '

As Corey stood at the front of the group with Octavia, the two stayed in silence. 

Corey had been there for Raven as they fixed up her leg and had witnessed how stressed the Reyes girl became as they told her she couldn't fight. 

Corey had decided that her stomach and ribs were the least of the groups problems as the gash in her stomach was barely even a valid injury. Her ribs on the other hand had gotten to a point were they no longer hurt. Instead they'd gone numb, something Corey wasn't sure whether she should be happy or worried about.

She carried her gun over her shoulder with the small make-shift backpack she'd made a few weeks ago. It only held a bottle of water, minimum food, amo and the 'Grimm's fairy tales' book but it would do.

As they continued to trek through the woods Corey had the sudden feeling like she was being watched, she came to a stop as she held out her arm to halt Octavia, the younger Blake staring at Corey in confusion before she got the same look. 

"Why are we stopping?" Raven questioned quietly.

"I don't know." Finn said as he looked at the two girls.

Everyone else stopped behind the pair as they all raised their guns in alarm, Corey gasping as a throwing blade suddenly came hurtling towards them, lodging itself into the face of one of the delinquents before everyone became hysteric. 

"Grounders!" Jasper screamed as everyone began running back to camp, pilling in as they stationed themselves at the walls as everyone else stood around, waiting for instructions

"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive." Clarke realised as she, Bellamy, Corey, Octavia, Jasper and Finn stood at one of the posts, looking for any signs of the grounders.

"Well if it's just scouts then we can fight out way out." Octavia decided determinedly "That's what Lincoln would do."

"We're done doing what that Grounder would do." Bellamy decided as he moved closer to them. 

"'That Grounder' is one of the main reasons a lot of us are still alive Bellamy." Corey pointed out defensively.

"We tried it and now Turie's dead, you want to be next?" Bellamy demanded of the two.

"Corey's right," Finn began "'That Grounder' saved our lives," He motioned to himself and Clarke "I agree with Octavia, for all we know there's one scout out there."

"One scout with insanely good aim." Jasper deadpanned as he joined the conversation.

"Clarke," Octavia begged "We can still do this." She assured causing everyone to look at the older Blonde.

"Looking at you Princess." Bellamy conceded as he handed the choice over to Clarke "What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?" He questioned.

Clarke hesitated as she looked out into the forest, letting her gaze slip back over as it settled on Corey who nodded reassuringly. Showing she'd be there no matter what.

"Clarke," Finn stopped her as the older blonde jumped down from the post to join everyone "If we're still here when Tristan get's here..." He worried.

"Lincoln said scouts, more than one." Clarke pointed out "He said get home before the scouts arrive... Finn they're already here!" She stressed as she turned, almost walking straight into Bellamy "Look's like you've got your fight." She told him bitterly.