x. Charlotte

' I'm gutted and feeling a bit lost, but I'm determined to get through. '

As Corey, Charlotte, Clarke, Bellamy and Finn stood in the supplies tent, they listened with heavy hearts as Murphy's now scratchy voice called out for Charlotte continuously.

"Why Charlotte?" Bellamy repeated as he looked at the younger girl in distress.

"Because I was just trying to slay my demons like you told me." Charlotte defended as Corey and Bellamy shared a look of shock, the former running a hand down over one side of her face and wincing when she caught a forming bruise.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke hissed through clenched teeth.

"She misunderstood him, that is not what he meant." Corey tried to calm her cousin down as Clarke turned to glare at her.

Murphy screamed for Bellamy to bring Charlotte again causing her to turn to Bellamy and Corey with a pleading look on her face "Please don't let them hurt me." She cried.

"If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy directed his statement to Clarke and Finn as the pair paced "Now you stay quiet!" He fumed.

"Those are your boys out there!" Finn pointed out harshly.

"This is not my fault," Bellamy instantly defended himself "If she'd listen to me those idiots would still be building the wall!" He glared as guilt washed over Clarke's face, the girl trying her hardest to stay composed though Corey knew she just wanted to break down.

Finn looked outside as Murphy began shouting again, turning back in as they all caught sight of the crowd formed around the opening.

"No!" Charlotte yelped "Please Bellamy," She begged "Corey don't let them hurt me, please."

Bellamy crouched down in front of Charlotte as Corey took ahold of one of the smaller girls hands. 

"Hey, just stay with them." Bellamy told her, looking over at Clarke and Finn before he stood back up, taking one of Corey's hands in his own as he pulled her out with him, the youngest Griffin just managing to give Charlotte a quick smile before she was outside again.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to join us," Murphy taunted as the two stood before everyone "The rebel king and his Psycho Queen." He sneered.

"Dull it down and back off." Bellamy warned as Murphy stood right in front of them both.

"Or what," Murphy muttered "What are you gonna do Bellamy? Hang me?" He spat his words like venom as he spoke evenly still.

"I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy defended as Corey gave his hand a small squeeze, not warning him to go too far.

"Yeah, yeah that's a good idea, why don't we do that right now," Murphy decided, turning to the group with a smirk as he spoke "So who here wants to see the real murderer hung up, all in favour." He raised his arm, followed by only a few other people "I see, so it's okay to string me up for nothing! But when this little bitch confesses, you wanna let her walk! Cowards, all of you ar -"

"Hey! Murphy, Murphy! It's over!" Bellamy warned as he got in the bloodied and bruised mans face, still holding tightly to Corey's hand.

"Whatever you say boss." Murphy relented as Bellamy nodded, satisfied as he turned around ready to go back.

As soon as her back was turned Corey felt a heavy mass hit her in the back of the head and cause her to fall down instantly, slamming into the ground and further injuring her cheek and eye as her lip split open.