xi. The Pod

' Everything I loved, became everything I lost. '

When they'd arrived back at camp that night, Bellamy dropped Corey of in his tent before joining Clarke to begin their speech. 

The sick girl had begun to dry heave again due to the noise and the pain in her head causing Bellamy to gave her a make-shift bucket before he left. Although the only thing coming out of her was acid and bile, he'd decided that was still not something he wanted on the floor of his tent.

When he finally returned a little while later, Corey was laying on his cot shivering and whimpering as he kneeled beside her in concern.

"Hey," He whispered as he brushed the soaked hair back from her face "You need to get out of these clothes Corey or your gonna get pneumonia." He soothed, but she only cried in reply.

"Hey, come on." He stood carefully, stripping her down to her underwear before slipping one of his oversized shirts on her small frame, smiling slightly as she snuggled into the fabric adorably.

He left quickly to get some water and a wash cloth to clean her up a bit. Her hair, as he recalled unlike many others in camp, wasn't matted and dirty, but was instead usually smooth and clean.

He carefully wiped the dirt and blood from her face and neck, frowning at the obvious wound on her neck and multiple bruises and cuts that littered her face. 

As he continued cleaning her up she let out a small yelp as her hand latched around her wrist. Softly pulling it away Bellamy realised that the wristband had disconnected itself from her arm. As he carefully removed it and set it down he decided he'd find out about it tomorrow.

When he was done he watched her for a while, not sure if he should lay on the cot beside her or just take the floor. Usually this wasn't a problem for the eldest Blake, but this was new territory for him, he hadn't had sex with Corey and he suddenly felt awkward because of that. 

"M'cold Bell." She managed to get out as he looked up at her, her eyes were closed and her hands were shaking violently, and he didn't know how he hadn't noticed, but within the last two minutes her bottom lip had begun to turn an alarming blue colour.

That was enough to make up his mind as he slipped out of his jeans, boots and shirt, leaving him in only his pants as he pulled the blanket up on the cot and covered them both with it.

He waited until she was soundly asleep fifteen minutes later and then watched her for a minute as he drifted of to sleep.

..........

A few hours later Bellamy was awoken by a commotion from outside, people cheering and pointing up to the sky as they spotted something being sent down from above, from the Ark.

As the older Blake carefully exited the tent after putting on his jeans, trying his hardest not to wake Corey, he failed to notice that the younger girl had already woken up. 

"There." Octavia pointed out as Corey left the tent with the blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

"You shouldn't be out here." Bellamy worried before lifting the half conscious girl up as he held her to his chest, ignoring everyone's shocked gazes.

"They're coming to help us!" "Now we can kick some grounder ass!" "Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." People began to mutter as Corey cast her gaze skyward, watching as the pod fell in quick succession.