Chapter 5

Payton POV

The school bell rang to Mr. Simon's English class, and I couldn't pay attention. The girl from Mason's party was running through my mind. Who was she? She was so beautiful? Every detail of her body and her face was shown in my mind. Whatever I do, she was always in the front of the line, waiting for me to think about something before pushing it way.

By the looks of it the party was the best party ever. Although Erica was getting too wasted and gave the boys a good show that night. I wasn't really interested, so I left the party and went to my special place. Yes, Mr. Jerk has a special place. I stopped my motorcycle engine and hopped off.

I came to a big field, with a starry sky. I made my way up a grassy hill and laid on my back, and used my hands as pillows for my head. I also knew someone was watching me, but I didn't care. That girl was still running in my mind.

"Mr. Payne, Mr. Payne, Me Payne." I looked up to see everyone in class was staring at me, so was the teacher. I sat up properly and adjusted myself with the school rule of, feet touching the floor and sitting tall with my back against the chair.

"Mr. Payne, what story are we reading?" Said Mr. Simon, thinking I would get it wrong. He put his book down and starred at me until I said the answer.

I smirked. "Macbeth." I said trying to sound bored. I read this book may times with my tutor at home. Why am I still in school I ask myself?

The teacher looked furious that I was right." Please pay attention." he said then picked on someone to read. I got a tap on my shoulder from the right. I looked at Mason and he mouthed, I will text you. I put my phone on silent and waited for his text.

Mas: What's up with you and spacing out today?

Me: I got this girl from the party stuck in my head.

Mas: Oh someone's in love <3

Me: I know, but she disappeared when I was staring at her.

Mas: Maybe you were below her level.

Me: Shut up Mason, that's not helping.

Mas: Sorry gosh, but where did she go off to.

Me: She disappeared in the pool area.

Mas: Okay, I have security cameras there so I can check those out.

Me: Thanks man.

Mas: No problem.

The bell rang and Mr. Simon was still angry by the looks of it. I just decided to ignore him and move on.

In science class I entered in first. Yet it was a surprise because I always come late. Through the door I spotted Aqua humming. Wait Aqua humming? I looked back to see she was chirpier this morning.

She looked at me with a shocked expression then looked down and took out a note book. I watched her the whole class period , and her writing changed. She seemed to be doodling then taking notes. She knew I was looking at her, but she ignored it.

Once the teacher faced the board, I swear I saw a smile appear on her rose colored lips from the corner of my eye. I was thinking about Aqua too much, that the party left my mind for that period and that period only. This morning I forgot to get my new schedule which Mr. Carl changed, so I can see Aqua more.

I still don't get how Aqua can know the great hider. I mean come on; the Great Hider seems like a dangerous name. I can't imagine Aqua knowing him/her. Maybe they keep Aqua as their slave or something; anyway I'm getting ahead of myself.

I left for the office and saw that Aqua was heading that way from another hall. We met at the door and we both stopped. I opened the door and she went in without thanking me. I saw something red blinking on her glasses, but I ignored it. I must be seeing things.

She saw what I was looking at and turned away taking off her glasses and rubbing them, as if she was cleaning them. I walked up to the office lady and gave her a dashing smile; she blushed and left to get my new schedule. Aqua rolled her eye s at me, and I just smirked.

I got my schedule and she got whatever she needed and we left. We exited the same time; while we were walking I came in front of her. She stopped in her tracks and gave me a raised eyebrow though her glasses. She held her books closer to her chest why? I have no idea.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday, and I really want to make it up to you." I said rubbing the back of my neck. I seriously need to stop doing that. She looked surprised at first but then curious.

"Why would a cocky, jerk wants to make it up to a nerd like me? This not a cliché romance, that includes nerd end up with the jerks, so why all of a sudden you want to? Is it a bet or dare? Do you want to impress your parents or something? I told you yesterday to leave me the f*ck alone." She was feistier than I thought, and I like it.

"If you want the truth here I will give you the truth." She was tapping her foot waiting for my response. "I want to become friends and get to know you better." I said realizing lunch started 5 minutes ago.

She looked shocked and then she said made a "your king right," face.

"Okay. But why" she said. She was really getting me impatient.

"I really like you." I half yelled. Why the h*ll did I just say that. She looked emotionless.

"Are you lying to me?" she asked dryly. Now I was the one surprised with her tone of voice.

"No, I'm not." I replied, with a serious face.

"If you want to become friends and know me better than, you have to pass one test." she said, looking into my eyes. Her facial expression didn't change, but her actions did.

I clapped my hands together and looker in her forest eyes. This was going to be easy. "What test is it, defending you, fighting someone, stealing, or playing dress up?" I guessed.

"Actually no," she said. "I need you to guess my eye color." She said, smirking.

"Well that's easy it's green." I said. She is so dumb.

"You're so wrong." she said and turned around heading for the library.

"What do you mean? are you dumb, can't you see."

She stopped, and I can't believe I said that. "No. But unless you figure it out, your name is CJ." I looked at her with a "What the hell look".

"What does CJ mean, and what does it have to do with this test." I yelled after her.

"It means Cocky Jerk and it has nothing to do with this test, I just wanted to call you something." she disappeared down the right hall leaving me curious, and with only 15 minutes till lunch is over.

Oh, they might find out who Aqua is, and what do you think about Aqua 's Test for Payton? :)

Did you find my Story interesting if yes,  

Click vote 

If not 

Comment why :D  

Thanx for your time, it means a lot.

*PLEASE HELP ME GET HIGHER ON TEEN FICTION / WATTPAD AWARDS 2012 *