Chapter 9

*Kylies POV*

He pushed me back and for a second I thought he tricked me, was going to push me out the door without telling me anything. But then, my back hit the wall and Zayn's warm, rough lips were on mine.

 What the hell was happening?

My stomach erupted in butterflies but I just sat there, not processing anything. 

He stepped back and looked at me. Then, he whispered. "That's my secret."

 He looked at me, worried. I just stood there. He leaned in again, lightly pressing his lips on my mouth. Once again, I got the strangest feeling in my stomach. It felt like I was going to throw up, but in a good way. It was a tingly, new feeling and I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled into his lips. Giving in to what I really wanted, I kissed him back. I nibbled his bottom lip and he moaned softly, opening his mouth for my tongue to explore. A few minutes later, we were still making out. My back was still against the wall, but my legs were around his waist. His arms were holding me up, along with the wall on my back. Every inch of me was pressed against him, and I was trying to get closer which was impossible. This was maybe the sexiest kiss I've ever had in my life, but it was also really sweet, with the butterflies still flying in the pit of my stomach. He pulled back, grinning.

I smiled back before I realized what just happened. I just cheated on Harry. With his best friend. With my best friend. Who apparently secretly liked me. And the worst part was, it was the best kiss I had ever experienced. Sure, Zayn and I had kissed in things like spin the bottle and truth or dare, we had even kissed the night of my stupid lap dance. And it was great, but this was different. There was no predisposed reason for this. My eyes widened.

"Kylie, are you okay?" Zayn asked, as I dropped down from around his waist and just stood there. "Shit. I'm so sorry. Damn it." he stuttered, running his hand in his hair.

"I...uh..." I ran out the door. I couldn't go in my room; someone could so easily come in. For once, I couldn't talk to Zayn about the problem - Zayn WAS the problem.  I ran downstairs, past Niall and Liam's calls, and out the front door. I ran and ran until I couldn't anymore, until I couldn't breathe and I was choking on my own snot and tears.

I sat down and looked around. I was at the park- the park where Zayn had made me the cute "best friend anniversary" picnic just a few days ago. I started sobbing even harder. I was so, so  confused. I thought I had a handle on this whole Zayn thing. I thought it was a weird, unrequited phase completely on my side and I could ignore it until it went away. Obviously, it wasn't as unrequited as I thought. The kiss proved that. But I liked Harry too and I didn't want to hurt him. I felt horrible. My phone, which was hanging out of my pocket, started ringing.

"Hello?" I hiccuped, not bothering to look at the caller ID.

"Kylie. It's Zayn. Please come home. I'm so sorry. I just ruined everything."

I sobbed harder, my words not even coming out as real words. "No. I did."

"What are you talking about?? I'm the one that kissed you."

"You WHAT?!" I heard Harry's voice shout in the background. Fuck.

"No, Zayn. I kissed you back. I'll come back later, okay?"  I hung up, turning my phone off. I couldn't deal with that right now.

How could I do that to Harry? Sweet, funny Harry. Who never did anything wrong. Other than not telling me a secret, but he didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve for his girlfriend to cheat on him in his own house. It started pouring rain, but I didn't care. I just sat in the park, getting soaking wet, and crying. How the fuck was I going to handle this?