Chapter 30

*Zayn's POV*

"Zayn...we're over." Kylie said softly, and my breath caught.

I felt my face fall. I couldn't breathe.

"I'm totally kidding." She laughed, and I closed my eyes, getting my breath.

"You scared the shit out of me." I whispered.

"Of course I chose to face my biggest fear. I couldn't let you go." Kylie looked terrified to have to sing.

"What and when do we sing?"

"They said Remind Me by Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley, but I'm not sure. We have to go to a rehearsal thing tomorrow and they can see how much work I need. Then they'll do a definite song and date."

"Why are they making you do this?" Liam asked.

"I don't know. They're stupid. They think it'll raise ratings and sell more tickets. And it would make you guys look good to sing a duet?" She sounded agitated. 

"It'll be okay." I said, kissing her head.

"Zayn. I can't sing and what if everyone hates me?" She asked, her big brown eyes staring up at me.

"Obviously you can sing. They wouldn't do that if you couldn't. And nobody is going to hate you, babe." I rolled my eyes at her. She just sighed.

"I'm scared."

"Let's go back to the bus, we can sleep. Tomorrow we'll see how it goes."

Kylie crawled into my bed with me, and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep.

*******************************************************************

*Kylie's POV*

I woke up, stumbling to the bathroom blindly, almost running into both Louis and Niall on the way in.

God, my stomach fucking hurt.

Oh, my period was here. That's why.

I instantly got a frown on my face- I was always grumpy the first few days. Hell, I was an emotional mess the whole time. Why couldn't I just be a boy?

"Morning." I mumbled to the boys a few minutes later, after burying the tampon wrapper at the very bottom of the can.

"Hi Kylie. What time do you have to rehearse?" Liam asked, fixing his eyes on me.

"Well, it's 9:30 now, the bus is leaving at noon...so 10 I think." I said, holding in my random annoyance in.

"Cool."

I just made a noise, trying to find a banana to help with these motherfucking cramps. I didn't have any Midol or Advil either, and ibuprofen didn't work for me. I didn't want to go to this stupid rehearsal.

"Where are the bananas? I know I bought some." I asked, irritated again.

"I ate the last one this morning." Niall said.

"God damn it, Niall, stop eating my food all the time! I specifically bought them for myself!" I snapped. His face fell and his blue eyes got big. I don't think I've ever snapped at him. Zayn looked around at all the boys- he's been with me since this started, when I was 13. He knew what I was like on my period, and I'm sure the boys did too- not enough to recognize it the second I woke up, though.

"I'm sorry." I sighed, instantly feeling extremely guilty. "I just...I want a banana." He nodded, looking at the ground. Damn, I felt like shit. Niall didn't deserve that.