Chapter 29

*Zayn's POV*

We were on the bus all day a week later, unable to leave because we didn't get to our next location until 2 am. Everyone was curled on the couches, watching a rerun of Drake and Josh. Kylie's head was on my lap as I played with her hair. Her and Liam were halfheartedly playing Truth or Dare in the background.

Kylie got up and disappeared into the bunks, coming back out with cowboy boots and a hat on. "Are you guys ready? Liam dared me to perform a country song for them. I shall dedicate this to Zayn. I danced to this song when I was little."

Niall put his iPad on the speaker, starting a very country-sounding song.

"This is what a woman wants..." Kylie said, along to the music. It was a karaoke version, the singer wasn't there but the lyrics were. Kylie wasn't looking at them, I'm guessing she knew the lyrics.

"Any man of mine better be proud of me, even when I'm ugly he still better love me. And I can be late for a date that's fine. But he better be on time." She sang, swinging her hips and walking to me. Like I told her what felt like ages ago, before tour even started, she had a nice voice.

"Any man of mine'll say it fits just right, when last year's dress is just a little too tight. And anything I do or say better be okay, when I have a bad hair day." Kylie stomped her cowboy boots, singing the next verse.

"And if I change my mind, a million times. I wanna hear him say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I like it that way."  

"Any man of mine better walk the line. Better show me a teasin' squeezin' pleasin' kinda time. I need a man who knows, how the story goes. He's gotta be a heartbeatin' fine treatin', breathtakin' earthquakin' kind." She belted out, I had never heard her actually sing. She was good. "Any man of mine."

"Well any man of mine better disagree, when I say another woman's lookin' better than me. And when I cook him dinner and I burn it black, he better say, mmmm, I like it like that yeah." I noticed Liam recording it on his phone.

"And if I change my mind, a million times. I wanna hear him say, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I like it that way" Kylie sang, looking right at Liam's camera and sticking her tongue out.

"Any man of mine better walk the line. Better show me a teasin' squeezin' pleasin' kinda time. I need a man who knows, how the story goes. He's gotta be a heartbeatin' fine treatin', breathtakin' earthquakin' kind. Any man of mine" On the long note, she threw her head back, tipping her hat with it. She held out the note perfectly. She was seriously a great singer, we should do something about it. Kylie spun in a circle, dancing as she sung the last part of the song.

"Any man of mine." She stopped right in front of me, holding out the last note. She tipped her hat forward, bowing.

"Kylie, what? That was amazing!" Niall said, his eyes wide.

"Thanks. Not really." Kylie said, looking at the ground and sitting on Zayn's lap.

"I'm putting it on twitter." Liam said, laughing. "Everyone needs to see that."

My phone buzzed right as he said that.

@Real_Liam_Payne: youtube.com/kyliecartersingingshaniatwain Watch Kylie sing! She was dared to sing a country song to Zayn...she's actually really good! @kykycarter is going to kill me. Love you Kylie!

I retweeted him, as did the rest of the boys.

"No! You weren't supposed to record that!" Kylie said. "You just showed the whole world that I CAN'T sing!!" she looked panicky.