Ch. 2 - Jealousy

Gale and I walk into my bedroom and he knows something is wrong.

"Are you not telling me something? I'm kind of worried." he says.

"Well," I begin then I see the time, 6:45. "I gotta go!" I start to run out of the room, but Gale stops me.

"What the hell Katniss? Where are you going? Just tell me whats wrong!" He is starting to raise his voice. He only does that when he is worried about me.

"Okay, fine. But I have to leave in 10 minutes.  I met someone today." I say. He looks at me kind of funny. I explain everything that happened today, starting at lunch.

"He sounds like a nice guy. Just Katniss, please promise me one thing. Be careful. Don't let your gaurd down, I don't want to see you hurt.  You know I don't like seeing you upset. " Gale tells me.  I serioudly can't believe he is okay with this! I thought he would have been mad! "Wait why are you leaving soon?" That's the question I have been dreading.

"Uhmmm, I have to meet Peeta in the meadow." I say this so quiet I don't think he heard this. I was so wrong!

"ARE KIIDDING ME KATNISS?!" he is yelling at this point. "I planned this party for you, and you just leave as soon as you get here! I mean how ungratful is that?!"

"Remember I told you I didn't want a party! I hate birthdays. I don't like the attention!" I yell back.

"Katniss I only did this bacause I want you back. You have no idea the feelings I have for you. I think I have fallen in love with my best friend." Did he really just say this? I mean come on. I only told him about Peeta because I might have feelings for him, not Gale.

"Gale, You are my bestfriend. Always have been, always will be. I told you about Peeta because I might actually have feelings for HIM. Whenever we hug, I feel this connection. I love you, but not like I used to. You are like a brother to me. I'm sorry Gale." He gave me hurt expression and ran out of the room.

I walk out to the living room where everyone was once talking, but now silent.  I feel a tear slide down my cheek when I see Gale about to leave. I run for the door and go all the way to the meadow. I see Peeta there and obviously he sees me because he is waving and calling my name. Then he see s me crying and holds out his arms. I run straight into his arms and cry into his shirts.we stand there for a good 10 minutes. He pulls me away and wipes the tears off my face. He is so cute.

"What's wrong? I don't like to see your beautiful face covered in tears." He says wiping the strand of hair off my face. I weakly smile at his last sentence.

"I just had a fight with my friend. It's nothing really. He didn't mean what he said. I'm okay, I promise." I say sniffling.

"Who is this jerk? I mean he can't be much of a friend if he made you cry."

"His name is Gale. He is a junior. I have known him since I was 12, when both of our fathers died." I can feel the tears start to fall again.

"Oh Katniss, I'm so sorry. It's your birthday, lets not talk about this stuff and have some fun!" He says as I stop crying.

"Well actually, Gale through me a suprise party. how about we go back together and have some fun?" I say with a smile.

"That sounds great! Who all is there?" he asks curiously.

"ummm, Haymitch, Finnick, Annie, Johanna, Prim, Rory, and if Gale is still there." I say.

"Oh. I haven't talked to them much before."

"It's okay, They are all nice! Well with the exception of Johanna. She isn't very welcoming, but she will warm up to you!"

We leave to go to my house and Peeta does the unexpected. He grabs my hand! I feel my face turn bright red. I intertwine my fingers in his and we walk towards my house.

"Listen, my house isn't big. I'm not rich. I live in the seam . We haven't had much money since my father passes. If you don't want to come, I completely understand." I say

"I don't care if you don't have money. I don't care where you live. All I care about is that your happy." Aw. He is the sweetest. I can't believe I'm already falling for him. It's only been like 12 hours that we have known each other.

We get to my house and I let go of Peeta's hand and open up the door. Everyone was still there.

"Hey guys, I'm sorry I left earlier." I explain to them. Peeta walks to stand next to me and smiles at everyone.

"Who is this queer?" Johanna says rudely. Peeta is not a queer!

"This is Peeta, a new friend. Goodness Johanna stop being a bitch!" I never cuss! I just don't know what came over me. Everyone was shocked at this.

"Hey everyone." Peeta says shyly. Everyone greets him and they all start talking.  I see Gale just standing there glaring at everyone.

I walk over to talk to him, but he just glares at me. "Whats wrong? You seem mad." I say to him.

"Why did he come?" He asks, talking about Peeta.

"It's my party. I can invite who I want. He is my friend and I asked if he wanted to come." I say kind of raising my voice. Everyone is staring at us now, but I don't really care.

"I saw you guys walk back here. Holding hands, Laughing. I miss those days with you." Then he kisses me. I try to pull away, but he is too strong for me. I hear the door open and slam shut. I instantly know who walked out and am finaly able to get away from Gale.

"Oh my god Gale! What is wrong with you!?" I yell. I run out the and look for Peeta. I go to the square, but he isn't there. I go to the bakery and see his father standing there. I ask if he has seen Peeta and of course the anwser is no. I run to the meadow and thats where I find him. He is sitting on the bench, crying. Just then I start crying because I feel bad for what just happened.

"Peeta.." I say.

"Just go away. I thought you didn't have a boyfriend. I don't like it when I'm lied to." he says trying to stop crying.

"I wasn't lying. Gale is a good friend. I don't like him like that. I don't know why he kissed me." I'm now crying harder.

"Katniss I'm sorry, but I gotta go."

"Peeta, wait. stay here with me. I think I'm falling in love with you! I trust you. You are the only one who has ever seen me cry I don't want to be apart from you. Can we try and work this out? I want to be friends. I'm sorry for what just happened. Gale is a jerk. I'm going to talk to him. I don't want to be with him. I want to be with you." There you go. I just let my heart pour out. I'm still crying, but not as hard.

"Katniss... "

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cliff hanger! HAHA ... What do you think he will say? Vote, Comment, Share (: Thanks!

~Jessica<333