Ch. 9

When I wake up, everything is white. I'm in the hospital. I look around and notice Peeta laying in the bed next to mine. He is still asleep.

"Katniss, honey? Are you O.K.?" I hear from behind me. It's my mother.

"I'm fine mom. Just a head ache and a sore throat." I croak out. I have almost no voice.

"That's normal. Who ever did this to you, almost broke you neck. It's going to affect your voice for awhile." my mom explains. I guess she is our nurse.

"What happened to Peeta?" I ask.

"Well, the cut was too deep in his leg and he got blood poisoning. We had no choicce but to amputate it." She says. I start crying. "Katniss, it's okay. You don't have to cry."

"Can I just be alone, please?" I ask. My mom nods and walks out of the room. Just when she walks out of the room, Peeta wakes up.

"Katniss, what's wrong? Why are you crying? Why are we here? What happened to my leg?" He asks. I cry even harder when he asks me all these questions.

"They had to cut it off. Cato sliced your leg open. It was too deep and you got blood poisoning." I say in between sobs.

"Why are you here then? He asks with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Cato almost snapped my neck." I say starting to calm down.

"Oh, well feel better then." He tells me and then turns away from me.

"Peeta, can I talk to you?" I say.

"What is there to talk about Katniss? You broke my heart. I didn't know what to do with my life after you turned me down." He says with tears forming in his eyes.

"Turning you down was the biggest mistake I have ever made. I fell in love with you. I seriously am dying inside without you. I want to be with you." I say with tears streaming down my face.

"Breaking up with you was my mistake. I should have never done that. I should have trusted you. This love is not a game to me. My heart can't be messed with anymore. I honestly don't know what to do right now. I want to be with you, but I hate the fact that you could leave me for someone else. I just have one question for you." He says with a tear falling down his cheek.

"What is that question?" I ask curiously.

Just then my mom burst through the doors. Way to ruin the moment mom!

"Katniss. Do you remember who did this to you guys?" she says, with a sense of urgency.

"Yeah, his name is Cato. Why?" I say confused.

"There was a murder after you guys got here, and we think he was apart of it." she explians to us.

"Wait, who was killed?" Peeta asks. He seems as confused as I am.

"Her name is Rue." My mom says. I start bawling. That was Prim's bestfriend. I loved her like a sister.

"Well, I'm going to inform the police about this Cato kid." she says then walks out.

"Katniss, what's wrong?" Peeta asks wiping away my tears. I walk over and sit on his bed. I don't get light headed anymore so I can move.

"Rue. Prim's bestfriend." I manage to say. He embraces me into a hug and I cry into his chest. Man, have I missed hugging him.

Once I calm down, I look up at him and smile. "What was that question you were gonna ask me?" I ask.

He smiles and says, "Well, it's probably obvious now, but Stay with me?"

"Always!" I say and lean in to kiss him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How does everyone like it? I'm trying to incorperate things from the actual book into my story. I would love to hear what everyone thinks should happen next! You never know... I may use your idea! and if I do I will dedicate the next chapter to you (:

Thanks! Vote, Comment, Share , and Fan me!

~Jessica <333