one.

Leia was fast asleep in a beat up laundry basket tightly wrapped up in a pink blanket to keep her little body frame warm. She was sucking on her pacifier rapidly in her sleep to keep herself calm. She was carefully placed outside a strangers doorsteps with nothing else but a note attached to the basket that read her name. The woman hurried to ring the doorbell before quickly disappearing out of sight from the stranger's front porch.  

Cohen arrived home from the gym, adrenaline still pumping through his veins from the vigorous workout. He pulled into his driveway and killed the engine to his car. He walked to the front door, stopping short when he saw a small child on his porch. He glanced around to see if this were some kind of prank, but when he realized it wasn't he swallowed back the lump that had formed in his throat. Where did this baby come from? Brown eyes darted down to the note that was attached to the basket she was conveniently placed in. Cohen felt his eyebrow raise at the fact someone could have done this to their child, leaving her with a complete stranger. He opened the door and walked inside with baby girl in tow, still trying to wrap his head around all of this. He walked over to the couch and sat down, gently placing the basket down beside him. He pulled out his phone next, calling his friend who he was just at the gym with.

"You'll never believe what was on my porch, man," Cohen said, speaking softly as to not wake the child. 

"A baby!" He knew he was louder than he expected, but he also knew the way he was feeling about the whole situation couldn't necessarily be contained in such a calm manner, either.   

 Leia felt the warmth of the house hitting her tiny little frame and face as she was taken in by the strange man. The sound of an unfamiliar voice speaking was ringing in her ears. She heard the man yell and quickly she opened up her big blue eyes wide. Leia quickly let her big crystal eyes search the room for something she was familiar with, but ended up without any results. She grabbed the side of the basket as she tried to pull herself up from, but failed to do so. She soon allowed her eyes to land on the man who was sitting right in front of her. Not saying a single word, her blue eyes looked directly at him. Leia started feeling uncomfortable and scared with these two strange eyes looking back at her. She felt how her bottom lip was starting to quiver as her eyes were getting filled with water. All of a sudden a loud cry burst out, and her pacifier fell out of her mouth, landing on the floor, allowing the sound of her cryings to fill the room some more.  

 Cohen was caught off guard by her crying but didn't really expect much else. She was a little kid, in an unfamiliar place. What else was supposed to happen? He quickly hung up the phone and panicked for a few moments. Not necessarily the paternal type — aside from a few encounters babysitting his infant nephew, he had no clue what he was doing. He reached down and retrieved her pacifier off the floor, running to wash it off and return to offer it down to her. 

"It's okay," he comforted in a softer tone. 

"I'm not gonna hurt you," Cohen realized how crazy his life had gotten in a matter of seconds and here he was — attempting to calm down a baby when he wasn't even calm himself. 

"You want your paci?" He picked her up out of the basket and placed her on his knee, desperately trying to get her to realize he wasn't an enemy.