Flawed Freedom

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH mY SALAMi?.."

The Sun had only started to show and everyone was awoken by the loud crashes and bangs that ensued the angry yell.

"What the frick frack paddy wack give a dog a bone this old man went rolling home was that about, huh?..You tools better stop, we all are going to (A)(R)(S)(E)(N(I)(C) and I'm not having zombies in the car."

.A sleepily grumpy Fiend with a random wooden spoon pointed at Silver who was trying to murder Speed for snaffling an entire room of salami which was the last they had 'til it was time to stock up again.

Sweet groaned and dove back into her blankets, trying to block out Fiend. Paranoia had been awakened and she looks majorly pissed.

"Mother of Chemicals, can you stop raiding the presses and then going at each other's throats?!..
Fiend is right and it's starting to dawn on UG-13 that we exist so it's going to get harder to get food like salami."

Speed rolled her eyes and plodded off back to her hammock followed by a grumbling Fiend and a scowling Bullet who stayed in the kitchen quietly making some tea for herself.

Paranoia, without any weapons or socks, went outside for some air. She sighed and sat down on the bonnet of the car while Bullet suddenly came from the bunker holding a chipped cup with a doughnut on it, looking concerned.

"Yo, Dom-. Parrot..Get your ass from the car and tell me what's up."

Paranoia rolled her eyes to Heaven and back then jumped off then yawned.It was too damn early to think properly.

"It..It's the group.We are having more arguments this week than we usually have in a whole year. There's talk around UG of allowing Citade-L into the underground so they can "protect" them.
Star hasn't returned, it's harder to get food.."

She let out a frustrated yell.

"I know.This war is crappy, confusing and crazy..
Even more so than the last two and we are alone in this...And we're not exactly muscly 20-something year old males who know exactly how to defeat everything with their oh-so-magical powers.."

Paranoia chuckled then hissed when Bullet accidentally spilled tea on her boots.

"Sorry..
But we are better and we don't have to worry about looking like Jesus when we go on missions or some shit like that."

"True. Now..It's time for food and coffee."

They went inside where everyone was already semi-awake and Sweet was helping Fiend cook breakfast while the nervous Speed looked over their weapons in case of a fault. It was one of her biggest fears, to fail the group and cause everyone to get captured because she overlooked something.

"How long did you spend outside and wear some socks, my nose is starting to hurt."

Sweet had a peg on her nose for good measure, the smell of her toes were not dewy rose petals on a river while cherubs played harps, everyone else knew that for sure. Bullet just put on her worn combat boots while Paranoia changed socks.They all sat on the floor and started munching into food. Speed made weird faces at the orange salad and avoided it at all costs.

Breakfast was eggs, brown bread, bacon, sweet bell peppers, orange and banana salad and some water to wash it all down. Rinsing the plates and chucking them in an ugly rusted basin which looked like it had been through the wars so they could clean it later. Speed grabbed some slices of bread and tucked into her bag which held the ammunition and weaponry.

They began dressing into their brighter clothes and hid their faces with bandanas or sunglasses then strapped their ray guns to their waist or underneath their shoulder and locked the bunker behind them.

"Did you forget anything?Fiend? Speed?Paranoia?."

Sweet asked as she got into the passenger seat.They all shook their head and went into the car.Fiend was the driver this time, Sweet was in the passenger seat and Bullet, Paranoia & Speed were in the back while the explosive to blow it up were in the messy boot which had spare clothes and some emergency supplies.

Fiend pressed her foot on the pedal and the car accelerated, speeding up the ramp and into the desert. Trans AM swerved and the car jolted as they went on the road.

"At least there's no bridges or I'd be carsick by now.."
"My driving is not that bad."
"Say that to my insides."

——————————
They returned home, sweaty and exhausted from the sweltering heat and escaping the Dracs. Sweet had a burn on her ankle from a stray Drac's ray gun, Speed had managed to fracture her wrist and the rest got a stitch from the running.

"Those Dracs have gotten feistier..Evil bastards."