Unsteady

Description: Penelope is being herself (the devil) and sends Cheryl off to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy (my version of 2x17)

AN: All the chapters are going be titled after a song because why not.

Hope you enjoy the first oneshot!

Toni wanted to shove Penelope through a wall.

A wall that was on fire, poisonous, and had spiders on it.

It was bad enough that she just had to push Nana Rose down the stairs at that moment, interrupting their kiss.

Now, she sent her off the God knows where, and Josie was bailing because of some drawing Penelope showed her.

An some random mention of a bloody pigs heart, whatever that meant.

"Well, what do we do now?" Veronica asked Toni once Josie fled from Thistlehouse.

Toni stopped and stared at the raven-haired girl for a moment.

What do we do now? Toni asked herself.

"Topaz, you in there?" Veronica asked after a moment of radio silence and staring off into space.

"Yeah, sorry. Just trying to think." She replied, snapping out of her thoughts.

"Penelope said that Cheryl needs to get better. What did she mean?" Veronica asked.

Toni gave Veronica a look that said everything, "Penelope has, out of date thoughts about sexual orientation."

Veronica already knew that Cheryl wasn't just straight.

She's known since flirty touches from Cheryl to Josie, which were never returned.

She's known since the lingering looks between Cheryl and Toni.

She's known since Cheryl called Toni "TT", which she only ever gave someone a nickname like that since Jason.

She knew about her unique relationship with Toni, too.

How all of a sudden, Toni wanted to be a River Vixen and how easily she got accepted and invited to inner circle sleepover.

How only Toni managed to sleep next to Cheryl, while the others were forced onto the ground.

How she overheard a conversation between the two, when she was supposed to be sleeping.

How Cheryl particularly invited Toni to the will reading.

Veronica knew all this, and was glad and somewhat relieved that Cheryl was finally happy again, especially after all she had went through.

Her abusive parents, her brother dying, her father committing suicide, her own attempted suicide, her mothers interesting job.

And the cherry on top, Dick.

I mean Nick.

But what she didn't know, was that Cheryl's mother was homophobic.

"Oh." Was all Veronica could say, "Shit."

Toni looked around nervously at Thistlehouse before her gaze returned to Veronica, who was still processing.

"I don't know what to do, Veronica. I mean Cheryl could literally be anywhere." Toni sighed.

She clenched her firsts and her jaw tightened as she walked over to a small shrub and kicked it a few times, before pulling the entire thing out, roots included, and throwing it.

Veronica just stood in the same spot, gawking.

"Um, Toni. You good there?" She asked as Toni's breathing finally calmed down.