My Favorite Mistake

Part 2 to Collide (it was long so I split it). Go read Collide if you don't know what I'm talking about (aka the last chapter)

Suggestion: Me
Song: My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow

Once she saw that Cheryl was kicking everyone out, Toni quickly made her way to her room.

By the morning, Toni's head was pounding. Unfortunate for her, she remembered last night as clear as day. She only prayed Cheryl didn't.

The prayers didn't work. Cheryl remembered everything. And all Cheryl wanted was to kiss Toni again.

Both Cheryl and Toni stumbled out of their room and walked downstairs.

"Coffee?" Toni asked, catching Cheryl by surprise.

"Oh, yeah." Cheryl replied.

Both girls sat in a awkward state. Until Toni got up and grabbed both of them some Advil for their headaches.

"Thanks." Cheryl said in a small voice. Toni nodded before the awkwardness got too much for her and excused herself claiming to have a Serpent meeting.

Toni didn't come until late that night. Cheryl expected her to be drunk, but she wasn't surprisingly. Maybe she didn't remember and Cheryl was off the hook.Ha, that's a funny thought Cheryl.

-----

It had nearly been a week since the party and Cheryl and Toni rarely spoke to each other during that time. Both girls made themselves busy with other things because neither of them wanted to talk to each other and risk an awkward conversation.

That Friday night, Toni decided she wanted to talk to Cheryl about it.

The entire situation had been nagging at her all week. She tried to drink her pain away as usual, but it never worked. Toni just couldn't forget the kiss. She was low key relieved she didn't. If she was gonna have one nice memory of them together, it would be of them making out. At least she got her seven minutes in heaven with Cheryl Blossom. 

"Night." Toni said poking her head into Cheryl's room, "Sorry I wasn't home all day." Toni quickly froze realizing what she had just called Thistlehouse.

"Its fine. Come and tell me about your day. We haven't seen each other all day. I feel like I haven't seen you in a week an we literally live in the same house." Cheryl said. Toni was so relived that Cheryl wanted to talk, or at least have a conversation with her still. 

Kevin would be proud of how subtle that was Cheryl thought to herself. She had been desprete to talk to Toni like they used to, but didn't know how to slip it into the small talk.

Toni came into the room, slipped her shoes off, and crawled into bed next to Cheryl. Both girls were laying on Cheryl's bed facing each other (like they were at the sleepover).

"So, how has your day been?" Cheryl asked, trying to continue to be subtle.

"Fine. I've just been thinking a lot about events that have recently happened." Toni said discreetly.

"What are those events?" Cheryl asked.

"Something happened and it was the best thing to ever happen. And as much as I desperately want to forget it, I know I can't." Toni said, continuing to be discreet.

"If it was the best thing to happen, why would you want to forget it?" Cheryl asked in a softer tone.

"Because no matter how much I enjoyed it, I know it will never happen again so the best way to let myself down easy is forget it." Toni told her.