Spilling The Beans

**Guys, don't write spin-offs on a whim because then you'll run into plot issues where you spend hours trying to make shit work and then it still only half makes sense :-) 

THIS MEME IS LITERALLY ME RN AND I LAUGHED FOR A SOLID FIVE MINTUES AT IT

All my writers out there know the struggle. For real tho, look up author memes on Pinterest, I spent two hours giggling at them earlier today. That's beside the point, please enjoy this chapter!! It's the best I could come up with with the already written plot from SOMH**

Tansy's POV

I was absolutely freaking out.

No, that was an understatement, really.

"Baby, will you please calm down? It will be fine!" Tanner insisted while sitting on the edge of our bed as I paced back and forth in front of him.

"I can't calm down! What if she thinks we're trying to, I don't know, replace her?" I stressed, rubbing at my temples as I felt an impending headache approach.

"If she does then we will make sure to set her straight and help her understand," he insisted before stopping me from walking another step by wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me onto his lap. My back rested against his chest as he wrapped me up in his arms and kept me from fidgeting. I felt my heart rate slow back to normal as my breathing evened out once again.

"Thank you," I murmured softly. He didn't say anything in reply, just kept holding me tightly. There was a knock on the front door, the sound echoing through the hallway to our room. My heart jumped in my chest at the sound, knowing exactly what it meant.

"I promise, everything will be fine," Tanner assured me once again before lifting us both off the bed and holding my hand as we walked to the door.

"Thanks for everything, Agatha," Tanner murmured before giving the older woman a smile as Calla shot past her and into the apartment. The woman smiled before wishing us well and leaving. I took a deep breath before releasing it shakily. Tanner pressed a warm kiss to my forehead before pulling me behind him into the kitchen where Calla was perched at the counter waiting to be fed.

My stomach rumbled, reminding me that it was lunch time. I had momentarily forgotten about my hunger in moment of distress, but now it was back with a vengeance.

"Calla, baby, are you hungry?" I asked, giving myself just a few more minutes to gather my thoughts.

"Yeah, Mommy," she answered before giving me a heart-stopping smile. I smiled before making my way to the fridge, but Tanner stopped my halfway.

"Go sit, I'll do it," Tanner mumbled. I nodded and took a seat next to Calla on a barstool. I was thankful that while I was about three months along now, my bump was small enough that it was unrecognizable when wear semi-loose clothing - thus meaning she hadn't suspected a single thing yet. I was surprised she hadn't figured out something was up when she discovered the locked guest bedroom door that she was told not to go into.