chapter two

gavin didn't know what to say. was connor concerned about him? he needs to thank him at least. "uh, no i'm fine. thanks for fucking asking, i guess." connor just nodded. maybe he didn't mind the cussing? "so detective reed, what cases are you working on?" was connor making small talk? gavin couldn't even feel his legs, how the hell was he supposed to talk to him? "uh, just a little red ice incident that happened a few days ago. a few androids were involved, but it's not a very hard case. it's probably why they fucking gave it to me," the last sentence was almost at a whisper.

connor just nodded. "why are you asking so many questions prick?" connor had to think for a moment before he said something. "since i'll be saying here for awhile, i thought it was best to make some small talk. if you would like me to stop, i can," gavin could feel his insides freak the fuck out. he was staying? for how long? "yeah whatever, just you and your owner stay out of my way, you fucking out it?" he said pointing a finger at connor. connor just nodded, like he didn't even care about what had just left gavin's mouth.

"whatever you say detective," he made his way back to the coffee machine and poured some into hanks mug. added the two sugars and made his way to the door, turning his head back to look at the detective. "see you later, detective." he then made his way up to hank and gave him his coffee.

gavin couldn't take it anymore. he needed to get out. right now. he lifted himself up from his chair and made his way to the exit. he sat on the steps, watching people go by. some on their phones, others talking to each face to face. people walking with their androids. gavin notices that some of the androids look the same. but none of them look like connor. that's right, because he's a prototype. he's different than all of the others.

once he felt a little better, he turned to go back inside. what was the first thing he saw? connor and hank. connor has almost bumped into him. "i'm sorry detective reed, me and lieutenant anderson are in a rush," he said turning to see if hank was still behind him. "it's fine, just be more careful asshole." connor nodded before making his why down the rest of the steps. hank made his way down too. "connor, slow the fuck down!" he heard hank say.

connor was already in hanks car when got there. "why the hell you so excited about this case, connor?" hank asked turning the car key. "i've been doing some research, and i'm sure it will help us with future cases." connor said looking out of the window. "right," was all hank said, pulling out of the parking lot.

(i'm sorry if this is short. i'm going through a few family things. i'll try to make chapters longer. thank you all soooo much for the sweet comments and votes, it really means a lot to me :,) <3)