Nine

Reader's POV:

~morning~

Doug was snoring lightly in front of you, mouth slightly agape. All on his own, he decided he'd stay the night, but you didn't have any objections-- or more like he wouldn't accept them, but you had to admit it.

I kind of missed this. A single of your fingers brushing his lips.

Lashes of his eyes flutter and soon they open. His arms draw you in closer, stirring a slow heat to rise over your body.

"...good morning..." you whisper to him, but Doug only pulls the blanket up and cuddles you more.

So cute~!

"I'm...*yawn*...hungry." Tears sting his eyes.

"I'm kind of low on food supplies and I have to pay rent...but you know everything---- so yeah..." Now that's he fully awake you stroke his head.

"Almost everything...."

"Not gonna let me forget." a sheepish giggle comes out.

"What have you been doing about money?" His tired eyes meet yours.

"Overdrawing." you sit upright and slide to the edge of the bed. "So let's plan this trip accordingly."

His hand gradually brushes your back. "Don't worry. I'll take care of the money part..."

"Nonsense. We haven't even planned the details." You look back to see his face.

"I sort of did."

He planned something??

Doug reaches over the bed for his pants and pulls out two train tickets. He could tell you were stunned as your fingertips connected with the thin paper.

Whoa... He did.

"We're leaving tomorrow!??!" Your mouth falls open. "....to the West Gate......What's out there?"

"Our trip." He winks.

Cheeks red and frazzled you complain while handing them back. "You're so full of yourself. Didn't you think I'd say no?"

"I knew you wouldn't and If you did--- I'd kidnap you."

Soft groans escape him when he stands and stretches. His flexing back muscles catch your eyes, clouding up your mind. It has been while since you saw those and it even looks like his hair grew a bit.

"Let's start packing."

A slight blush creeps on your face as you stand too. "O-okay." Your brows crease when he walks over to your closet.

The racks slide across the bar and Doug shakes his head with disapproval. "You have nothing to wear for where we're going. It's pretty chilly around this time."

But its Summer??

"We should go shopping." he pulls out his flashy platinum card.

"Woww, you're important!" you tease a bit.

Doug wears a cocky grin."Hey, I get money."

~timeskip~

"A-aahh!!... it's so fuzzy!!...but it cost $42... Oooh, check this out-- $67!??" You frown a bit. "Are you sure this is okay? I don't wanna make you broke."

Doug sat in a near chair staring at you. "Yeah. Go crazy."

"Alright. Since you said so!"

You turn back to the clothes rack but still sideglance at him. Ever since arriving at the shopping district, he just carries bags and stares at you. He talked from time to time but not much.