Happy Tears

Nathan and Olivia spent some time apart, as Nathan went to college at Yale, and Olivia went to college at Stanford

Nathan and Olivia spent some time apart, as Nathan went to college at Yale, and Olivia went to college at Stanford. They both did their best to keep their long distance relationship together, but it was sometimes hard considering they never really got to see each other. Even though they often felt lonely, they always remained loyal to each other. After they had both graduated college, Nathan felt as if he wanted to go to the Beijing 2022 Olympics with Olivia as his best friend, and fiancé. He wanted Olivia to have him be with her, cheering her on, as her future husband. He knew they were young, but he felt like they were so in love, and nothing could stop them, he only hoped that Olivia felt the same way. 

Nathan was thinking about proposing to her, but not getting married until maybe 2026 or 2027. 

Being so nervous about the idea, he tried to subtly mention the idea to Olivia while they were having dinner. While eating his chicken he snuck a look at Olivia, Olivia caught his eye and put her fork down. "Nathan, you've been acting weird all day, what's up? Is everything okay?" Olivia started to get slightly worried, Nathan was happy to see her when they got together during the summer, but Nathan got more and more distant as time went on. It was as if something was distracting him, he always seemed to be in another world.

Nathan started to get nervous, he took a deep breath, "I'm just wondering if you see a future on the horizon. I would love a future with you, I just want to make sure we were on the same page." Nathan was very quiet, he basically whispered, and Olivia barely heard him. 

Olivia warmly smiled at him, "Of course I see a future Nathan, I'm glad you do too." 

Nathan's spirits immediately lifted, he was glad the weight was off his chest. "In that case..."

Olivia looked at him skeptically, what was he up to? Nathan took her hand, stood up and got down on one knee. Olivia gasped, was he serious? 

"Just listen to me Liv, I love you, with every fiber of my being. Every bone in my body is excited to see you every day, talk to you every day, embrace you every day, and think of you every day. I don't want to see, talk, embrace, and think of anyone else in the world. The only person I want to love is you. I know we're still young, but we don't have to get married right away. I just want you in the stands for me at the Olympics as my fiance. Not just my girlfriend. I love you so much, Olivia Liu Xi. Will you marry me? One day?"

Olivia had tears streaming down her face, she thought about all the words he had said to her, and she could tell they had come from the heart. She nodded and pulled Nathan in for a hug. Nathan finally breathed and kissed Olivia on the cheek. Olivia whispered into her new fiance's ear, "I love you, Nathan. I love you so much, and I always will." Nathan could feel tears starting to fall as he smiled. 

That day only consisted of happy tears. 

They only hoped that the rest of their life would only consist of happy tears. 

A/N

I'm back!!! Just got back from vacation, I know it's a super short chapter, so bear with me. I will update again tomorrow!