|| 02 ||

Thank you for those who liked this little one! This story is quite special! Thanks to the four girls I mentioned in the prologue for making me write this one!

If you find mistakes, you know what to do :)

Why is my heart thumping so fast?

There isn't much proximity here, yet this heart seems to beat twice its speed. Next to him, I seem to forget where I am. Effortlessly, my legs and hands move complementing his. Then it happens.

His eyes meet mine, and I forget how to breathe.

Don't ask me what happened after that. It's a little hazy for me. I avoid looking at him directly again. It worked with the choreography because in this, I am supposed to be shy. Well, I am flustered and I keep my eyes down, so it isn't exactly difficult.

"Annniiikaaaa! You both had this crackling chemistry back there! I am shipping it!" Mallika exclaims and this is not good for the current condition of my heart. I look wide eyed as the girls go on about him and me. Behind the few heads in front of me, I see Shivaay sir with Guru Ji. Yes, even subconsciously, I am going to address him 'sir', maybe then my morals would keep me from entering this realm of stupidity. I shrug off the girls and rush out. Thank God Mom has come earlier to pick me up. I rush to her to hop on her scooty.

"Miss. Annika, wait!" I hear him, and mom looks behind me curiously. Shit. What now blue eyed Adonis, I mean, Sir!

"You left one of your ghungroos." He hands mine to me. Of course I left it, after all I was running away from you.

"Hello ma'am, you must be Miss. Annika's mother. I am Shivaay!" He shakes mom's hands and talks to her with so much ease that makes me wonder whether they knew each other before. Undoubtedly, I know mom loves him. Well, who wouldn't!

I sit comfortably after he leaves. As Mom started the ignition, she says "I won't ask you why you are all red now Anni!" I can hear her laughter in her voice. Fudgecakes! Kill me already!

*

Thank god he isn't here now. I walk in briskly. Guru Ji smiles widely at me. "You were good yesterday. Just maintain eye to eye with Shivaay and look down only occasionally." Oh Guru Ji!

The girls grin at me. You know the thing about crushes, you just need a small insignificant spark. The people around you will make sure to add fuel and make scorching fire that would probably burn you down alive. I roll my eyes at them. That is all I can do.

Black yoga pants. YOGA pants! Seriously? And a white tee. How is a girl supposed to get over a crush after seeing him in that! His body is just, no no Annika, do not go there. If you do, there is no way out! I need a distraction. Wait, he is approaching me.

"Hey careful! You'll fall." In love with you? Thanks for the warning! But he is right. I am about to fall, and in reflex, I hold his hand. Fudgecakes, no. Don't worry, no clichéd electricity passed through me. But that few seconds touch does tie my stomach in a knot. First heart, now stomach. Shivaay sir, stop disrupting my anatomy!

"Miss. Annika. That sequence after I sway this way, look into my eyes. For the next 30 seconds, we do the steps with an eye lock. Okay?" I try not to sigh out aloud. Maybe I should pack all my plans to keep away from him and send it to north pole. But there is this rational voice inside that says, one more day.

The music plays and the other girls start with the narration. Guru Ji joins them in this. Even amidst the chaos inside me, I admire Guru Ji. His sharp moves are something that every person would envy. I walk in, I swing my arms with the rhythm. I bring in the images of every celebrity I ever had crush on, I dwell deeper in me to bring out all the love inside on my face. I sense nothing works. My final call is to surrender.

Shivaay sir enters in with all the glory of the Lord. Parvati is smitten, so is this girl with a fragile heart. His presence awakes me, now I need to match his every stride, every movement. I willingly take up the challenge. This beat was one of the hardest to do, but with him next to me, I finish it as if I am it's master. It is time. His hands sway.

This is where the magic happens.

I see ocean. I see thunder. I see the lava deep in the earth. I see every emotion I have ever felt, and the one emotion I yearn to feel, all in his eyes.

Our legs move in their own accord, while our eyes behold only each other. Is it possible for everything else to fade away except one person? Because I only see him. I know there are twenty other people here, but I only see him. Eye locks are extremely dangerous, I say.

Unable to take it any longer, I tear my eyes away and look down. My cheeks are fervent, I sense my whole body heating up. I hear applause faintly. But it isn't as loud as my heart, which is beating painfully in my chest. I just hope he doesn't hear it. I gather up courage and we finally finish what we started.

I need to get out of here. The air seems too suffocating for me to breathe. I look at him, and the same time, his eyes find mine. We look away immediately. Smiling at Guru Ji, I make my way out.

He is just good at emoting Annika. It wasn't from Shivaay to Annika, it was from Shiva to Parvati. It meant nothing. This is what I am telling myself.

I walk back in, I seem confident, but I know it is a facade. Everyone is gathered up, and Guru Ji seems to be instructing them about something. I quietly join them.

"You don't have to attend tomorrow's class Annika. Just come for the last half hour." Guru Ji says. I don't know whether to feel relief or agony. Both because he was leaving. But we all know he has to go.

There is no point in hurting inside over the end of something that never started.

And he has to go.

This is how crushes end right? Because sometimes, we just end up hoping at all the hopeless places!

.

.

.

.

.

Don't worry, I don't have enough guts to leave ShivIka like this. I have an epilogue coming up XD

Until tomorrow <3