Chapter Three: I'm Ready

Tay POV

It's been a couple of months since I started my classes, everything has been going great. I'm doing well in all of my classes and I'm also really enjoying myself now. Honestly college has been pretty lit. I met Tina Thomas or T and Lisa Love.

They've been best friends since middle school. They like to study, drink and smoke blunts. So basically they are my kindred spirits. So school is great, check. I'm meeting new people, check. I've been partying (hard), check.

Last party I went to T told me I was so fucked up, I could barely stand and walk, but when I did I leaned to the left the entire night. They still say I owe them one for that night, I guess I almost went home with a "Big mistake." But I didn't remember any of it. So that's all nice and exciting. But the very best, most exciting thing that's happened to me has nothing to do with school or any of that other stuff.

Well at least not completely. I've been spending a lot of time with professor Mitchell. I really really like her. We talk about everything from music and movies to politics and religion. She's opened up to me about her husband and her troubles with the people at her church.

How he sometimes calls her out her name. Is emotionally abusive and extremely manipulative. "He's called me the standard: bitch and ho, then there's stupid and fat. I'm stupid if I think I can get better. That's what he says.", she explained one day. Then she just shrugged and kicked a rock as we continued with our walk through Crispus Attucks Park.

She also explained how he cheats and how she knows most of the women. "I think our church's secretary is his main one. But then again,  it could be our pastor's wife." I wasn't expecting her to explain this so nonchalantly. This was another time as we checked out the different monuments. She looks sad when she tells me all the stories but it's also like she's used to it so it doesn't matter anymore.

It's messed up how much I like her. Cause I know I have no chance in hell to be in a relationship with her. But this woman makes me think and we have substantive conversations. She is definitely my dream woman.

Honestly, I don't know how to approach that at all. All the girls in my past that I've dealt have been thots and easy lays. Never any relationships. I don't know what it is like to take your time and get know someone. It's weird when she actually just wants to just chill with me.

Plus, there are the many problems with this situation: 1 she's my professor that would be an awkward thing, to go into class everyday and see your girl is the one teaching the class. 2 she's heavy into church.

The fellow church goers there ain't gonna like her even standing next to me. They'd probably think the homo in me might rub off on her. They'd go ape shit if they found out she is spending so much time with a dyke.

But 3 is the most important she's straight as fuck AND fucking married. And not only married but married to a nigga, that is a deacon. So that makes it even worse. Since asshole is also stupid as fuck and cheating on her , treating her like shit AND is a deacon spells nothing but trouble.

"Tay, Tay. Earth to Tay.", Lea says finally able to get  my attention. "Huh?", I ask a little confused. She asks, "What's wrong? You were spaced out for a second." I turn towards her. "How long have you been married?", I ask her. "Six years, why?" She questions me while squinting her eyes in curiosity. I just give her smile. She looks cute, sorry I can't help but think it.

I quickly ask another question. "And y'all dated for how long?" She squints again. We're sitting in restaurant she insisted (almost to the point of demanded) on taking me to called Haute Dogs and Fries, right across the river in Alexandria, Virginia. "2 years, but once again why?", she asks and steals one of my fries.