Regret || Shiro x Galra!Reader REQUESTED!

requested by @VioletShadowBlade
i just realized how slow i am on updating and doing requests lol. i'm sorry, you can stone me later!

pronouns: she/her/her's
⚠️slight depression ⚠️

(Reader POV)

I was a monster, and I knew it. I hated my race. I looked at the Paladins before me, thinking about what my race has done to harm them..

It makes me sick to my stomach. I looked at Shiro, someone I've came to admire since I came here. I know what Haggar and the others did. I feel so awful, just being around him makes me uncomfortable in a way.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "(Y/n)? You okay?" It was Shiro. I fake smiled, "Yeah, I'm okay." He raised his brow, "That's a lie, you know it. What's wrong? You know you can tell me- er us anything. We're all a family here. We have each other's backs." He's somewhat correct. The only person who could never have my back, is Allura. Which I understand.

I couldn't take it anymore. I started to cry and eventually sob. Shiro rubbed my back to calm me down. "I hate myself. My race. Everything. I hate what my race did to all of you. It makes me feel awful, disgusting even. I'm so sorry....if only I could make everything better. You even lost your arm, you suffer through nightmares. I'm sorry!!" I let everything out.

I kind of feel better that I talked to him. He's a good listener...

He gave me a tight hug, still rubbing my back. "Shh..it's okay. You're not like the others, you saw the wrong in what they do. That's all that really matters. You're better than them, okay? It's alright....we're all okay."

I cried some more till I finally calmed down. Shiro and I became much closer, I wasn't really scared to talk to the others anymore either. Keith and I clicked since he himself is half Galra.

I feel much better now that I have all of these wonderful goofballs.

end.
word count: 403

(a/n: sorry for that being short, but HEY i'm not dead!! i haven't been on here in a long ass time and i'm sorry!! i'm looking for a part-time job so i can have some money for cosplays and other things i need. i'm back and better than ever! thanks for reading, vote and comment! 💕)