one - NEW BEGINNINGS

PLEASE READ, IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW!

(y/n) - Your name, your last name is Westenra (pronounced West-en-rha)
Moms maiden name - Helena Rivers
Dads name - Perrol Westenra (pronounced like the word peril)

You are known to be a pureblood, and your families were known as famous wizards. Your family is originally from the UK, but with the dark lord, your parents moved to the US as they thought it'd be safer.

This takes place around your 5th year hogwarts.

Make sure you read the prologue so things make sense. (:

I still couldn't believe it, we were here in London

I still couldn't believe it, we were here in London. Boarding off the machine full of no-maj's. Father thought it'd be fun to take a "plane," instead of traveling a more magical way. Now, we were heading out to find Grandmother Beatrice Rivers.

I'm still upset with father, I know what he did was for the best, but I can't help but deeply miss the states, home, Ilvermorny, and all my friends. Most of all, mother too. Currently, I just feel a huge weight on my shoulders.

My mind flashed back to when I was still in the USA. I invited my friends over to my place just before they headed to Ilvermorny, and told them all the news. They were obviously just as devastated as I, but we all hugged, and promised to write to each other every week. As for our house, it was very devastating to see it empty, so quickly. Only a few pieces remained, and most of those were mothers things. Her dresser still stood at the edge of her and fathers room. Her arm chair and side table still laid in the living room. Father just didn't have the heart to move her things, and I didn't either. So we just left them there, not to rot, but to rest peacefully in the place she loved, home.

Abruptly, my thoughts were interrupted by fathers booming voice. "And, we're here (y/n)!" He bellowed out, joyfully. He was obviously excited to see family, more importantly, mothers side of the family who i'd never met before. I should probably be excited right now too, but it was rough to just think happy thoughts.

I gazed up to see the gloomiest looking mansion ever. It was definitely a downgrade from my old home, which was an enormous manor with greenery and water surrounding it.

Grandmother Beatrice's place seemed to be in the outskirts of London, and was surrounded by nothing but dead grass, gloomy skies, and an old rusted up fence and gate. As father and I strolled through the gate, which automatically opened up for us, I couldn't help but notice how much of a mess the place was. The fountain in front of the place had nothing but nearly dried-up, muddy water. There were dead leaves every where that crunched below our feet, and a few dead animals here and there. The thought of father and I staying here until we get our own place is awfully scary.

Father looked down back at me and grinned, "It's a great place, isn't it?" He asked.

I didn't bother smiling, wanting to hint at him what my true feelings were, "It's just swell, dad." I said while pursing my lips and raising my eyebrows.

He chuckled at the obvious sarcasm, "Don't worry princess, you'll be surprised, everything is not what it seems." Father explained as he stood in front of the huge doors leading into the mansion. He held his balled fist up to the door, and knocked twice. "Oh, Bea? It's us."

It took a few long seconds, but suddenly a voice from within answered, "Perry? Is that you?" The voice was sweet and frail. I guessed it belonged to Grandmother.

"Yes, Bea it's me! We're here!" Father exclaimed again. He looked down at me with the toothiest grin, which made me think of how much he must actually care Grandmother.

From what I recall from mother's stories, Grandmother is over a hundred years old, and she once was one of the greatest witches, fighting alongside the ministry until they eventually let her go.

Surprisingly, the doors opened, without anyone being on the other side. Father and I slowly strolled in, looking around the huge place. The interior was way better than the exterior. It was bright and lively in here, and really did remind me much of home. The place smelled of the fresh forest and clean mist, sort of like mother. Their was a split staircase in the middle of the place, and two halls leading to different places on both sides. The white walls gleamed from the bright sunlight, which I didn't recall seeing outside. The flooring was carpeted with a lush velvety maroon and gold material that felt very comfy walking upon.

For the very first time in a long while, I genuinely smiled at the gorgeous mansion. Father noticed, and he smiled too, and hugged my side.

"See? Do you like it?" Father quietly asked me while grinning.

I grinned back, and twirled, "Are you kidding? I love it!" I tell dad, "It reminds me of her, but in a good way."

"Who's her?" I heard a frail voice say, and I stop twirling and look upon the grand staircase to see a beautiful little old lady that looked a lot like mother.

"Bea!" Father exclaimed while holding open his hands and walking towards the grand staircase to the old lady while she did the same. Soon, they did reach each other, and engulfed each other in a big hug.

"Precious Perry." She sighed. I knew that this old woman was my Grandmother Beatrice.

I slowly strolled towards them, a bit anxious because this is my first time meeting my Grandmother. As I did, both her and father turned to me smiling, which gave me relief.

"And you," She said opening her arms for a hug, "you must be (Y/n), my beautiful granddaughter."

I genuinely smiled once more and just ran towards her, hugging her. "It's so amazing to finally meet you." I say lightly, feeling nothing but love. She smelled like mother.

Grandmother, father and I all now gathered around the dinner table, with house elves, which Grandmother told me were the equivalent to America's pukwudgies, they politely served us dinner

Grandmother, father and I all now gathered around the dinner table, with house elves, which Grandmother told me were the equivalent to America's pukwudgies, they politely served us dinner. I feel unbelievably happy, and i'm sure dad does too.

"So, (Y/n) dear, you are planning to attend school here, correct?" Grandmother asks me, as she slowly cuts up her food.

I chuckle lightly and glanced at father, who already knew my answer.

"Well, I guess I kind of have to, I'm only in my fifth year. It'll be weird joining so late, but i'm sure i'll still enjoy it even though Ilvermorny will always be the best wizarding school in the world." I tell Grandmother as I shove a big piece of food into my mouth.

She chuckles at what I said, and I awkwardly chuckle back, not know why she was laughing in the first place.

"What's funny?" I ask. Father then chuckles too.

Grandmother sighs, "Oh, nothing sweetheart. Don't worry about it. Just finish up and head to your room, all your things are already there." She says as she gets up from the dinner table, and starts walking away, "You get packing, alright? I'm taking you shopping for Hogwarts tomorrow."

I look at her as she walks away, and anxiousness fills up my stomach.

The thought of being a new student in a foreign country haunts me.