two - DIAGON ALLEY

It was a new day, and Hogwarts started in two days. So this gave time for Grandmother and I to tour around and get my supplies before I actually left for school. I got dressed in a normal outfit, grabbed my things and left the mansion with Grandmother.

"Goodbye, father." I said while hugging my dad, who was waiting by the front door.

"Goodbye, my (Y/n). You be good now." Father says, hugging me back and letting go after a few seconds, smiling down at me.

"Make sure you write to me everyday!" He shouts, as Grandmother and I walk farther. "I love you!"

Grandmother and I started to walk towards what seemed to look like something no-maj's use, a car. This confused me.

"Grandmother, why are we going in this?" I question, while raising my eyebrow at her, causing her to chuckle.

She looks at me while she takes my suitcase out from my hand and into the trunk. She opens the door and sits, "You're telling me you've never been in a car?"

I slowly nod my head no, making her laugh.

"How'd you get around in America?" Gran asked.

"Well, everyone there just used Apparition." I told her while opening the door and sitting next to her. She nodded her head.

"Ah, I never understood how people were able to do that so casually." Grandmother told me, as she started the car.

"It's not that hard actually, once you get the hang of it." I say while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

She just pursed her lips, "No, no." She sighs, "I could never. It always just made my stomach flip."

"Literally."

Then suddenly, I felt the car start to jerk side to side, causing me to panic. I grab Grandmother's hand out of fear and look at her worryingly.

"Gran? What's going on?" I ask, letting out an exasperated breathe.

She moves the stick-shift, and I then look out the car window to see that we were going up into the air. "We're flying of course, to Diagon Alley."

I look at Grandmother with wide eyes, "You own a flying car?!" I ask, excitingly, and open my window to admire the outskirts of London.

"Of course (Y/n), but don't tell anyone." She tells me while giving me a wink. "A good friend of mine modified it for me."

I just laugh at her, but wonder, "Can't the no-maj's see us, Grandmother?"

"Of course not! I'm not that crazy, don't worry." Gran says, reassuring me. "And can you please stop saying no-maj? We say muggles here, dearie." I just hesitantly nod my head, since the thought of using different slang felt a bit weird.

"Now," She says while taking a letter from out of her pocket, and landing it on my lap, "Read this out loud, it should be what you need for Hogwarts."

I look at her and nod my head, picking up the letter and doing what she says.

"Equipment: One wand, one cauldron, one set of glass or crystal phials, one telescope, one set of brass scales, and it says that we may bring an owl, a cat, or a toad." I say, "And obviously I need a uniform and books."

Soon after, we arrive at what Gran says is Diagon Alley, the place where wizarding students like me, can purchase our supplies. Which confused me because I didn't see anything magical anywhere.

Gran parks the car secretly next to a bunch of other cars, that most likely belonged to some muggles. We go through a tavern full of people, and out a backdoor that leads us to a cobblestone wall.