CHAPTER 26

CRYSTAL'S POV
The footsteps were growing louder by each second and so were our heartbeats. "guys listen up I would rush to the door and open it before they can and then we will start with our plan" I whispered to my friends and they nodded. I rushed to the door and opened it and standing in front of me was Ethan. Along with others. I knew that all of them were beyond angry right now but they were trying not to show it. I decided to execute our plan.

"guys what was that alarm?" I asked with a confused tone. I was trying my best to hide the nervousness building inside of me. We can't let them know about this. At any cost. My friends understood that now was the right time because Zoe also came and stood beside me. "yeah we were just sitting here when all of a sudden this alarm goes off around the mansion" she said. "and we didn't know how to turn it off so we just waited. But when it just continued we decided to check it and when Crys opened the door you all were standing there" Sarah rambled on explaining everything.

They just kept on staring at us without saying anything and we couldn't help but get more and more nervous as time passed by. After a few minutes of silence, which felt like a eternity, all of them nodded and left without any other word. I closed the door and we all took a breath of relief. I just hope that they don't figure out the truth.

ETHAN'S POV
After we had closed that metal door properly, all of us started making our way towards the living room. Me and Derek sat at the couch and the others sat on the couch which was in front of us. Soon one of the maids came and served us our coffee. Derek motioned her to leave, with his eyes fixated on the table. Not really minding her presence. She bowed and left. "you know they're lying" Derek suddenly spoke up, his head turning towards me. "Of course" I said chuckling.

"Their heart rate was so fast. I felt like it would just burst out" Issac said chuckling. Our exceptional hearing has given us the gift of hearing another being's heartbeat. Every werewolf has this ability. We can tell if the person standing before us is lying or stating the truth by the rate of their heartbeat. If it's normal while they are speaking, they're telling the truth, but if it starts going off the roof, you know something is wrong.

When Crystal and her friends "explained" the "situation", we knew that they were lying. It doesn't matter who the person is, if someone is lying their heat beat will be faster than the normal pace, and so was theirs. All of them were freaking out from the inside but they were trying their best to hide it and convince us. We knew that the moment we went out of the house, they would start looking for their "mates". This just fuelled my anger and I was clenching my fists in anger. "guys you know what they were trying to do behind our backs. We can't just ignore this" Liam said angrily. I looked up at him. "I don't think there is anything to worry about" I said. "really?" Liam said sarcastically "what if they try this again" he continued.

DEREK'S POV
Ethan looked at Liam with an annoyed expression on his face. He rolled his eyes."Will you ever care to use your brain" Ethan said to Liam and I chuckled because it was kind of true. Liam was the type of person who would speak whatever came to his mind at the moment, without giving it a second thought and this made him look stupid even though he isn't. Liam looked a little taken aback by Ethan's comment. "even if they have found the door they won't be able to get inside it. The alarm would go off the moment any of them tried to get in. Only the five of us can go in. The alarm won't go off if any one of us goes inside, and if you are still unsure we can tighten the security. But this time we would do it from the insides" Ethan said. Liam looked satisfied with his answer and nodded.

"Today was the only day all of us were out all together. This was the first and the last time we left them alone. This will not happen again since we are not leaving them anytime soon" I said smirking. They all smirked back knowing exactly what I was thinking. We will be executing our plan within 2 days and we want it to be a surprise for the girls. I can't wait to see their reaction when we tell them the big news.

This is gonna be so much fun!

Thanks for reading!
Bye!❤