Pt. 9 Second Chances Are Bound To Hurt

ᴼᴺᴵᴷᴬ'ˢ ᴾᴼᵛ
ᴬᴾᴿᴵᴸ 13, 2000
3:15 ᴾᴹ

"Robyn can you please not start this right now. I just want to forget about what happened." I said as Robyn stood beside me and Beyonce somewhere close as well.

"Nicki I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you-

"Oh but ya bum ass did!" Robyn yelled. Her hands squeezed mine trying to match the anger within her voice. I silently cried out removing my hand from hers.

"Sorry nika." she whispered. I nodded tugging on my backpack.

"Can we go now?" I asked looking down.

"Don't look down-

"Ahhh you shut up I got this im her best friend! Don't look down Nicki only- what else was you about to say?" Robyn asked Beyonce causing me to shake my head.

"Only desperate people look down." Beyonce finished.

"Nika what ya desperate fa when yuh got mi?" Robyn asked. I tugged her arm letting her know I was done talking and ready to leave. I could hear the rain from a distance and sighed.

"At least let me take you home. I don't want you walking in the rain." Beyonce said. I shook my head no.

"Lets go Robyn." I said. I felt Robyn leading the way and I followed suit behind her.

"You really wanna walk in the rain?" Robyn asked. I sighed.

"No..." my voice trailed off.

"Then let me take you home-

"What tha fuck? Why yuh followin us wit ya bum ass?!" Robyn yelled. I shushed her and turned my attention to the voice of Beyonce.

"You can take me home as long as-

"As long as Robyn comes yea I know." she said sweetly causing me to smile.

"Why she say mi name like that?" Robyn asked trying to start something.

"Robyn hush and lets go." I said. Seconds later we were in Beyonce's car.

**

"Bye bey. Thanks for the ride." I said getting out.

"Yea bye Bryson." Robyn said and I sighed. Her pettiness is real today.

As we begin to walk off i heard Beyonce call my name. I stopped and turned around feeling Robyn do the same.

"You look beautiful by the way." she said. I cringed at her words because of the smirk that I knew had to be plastered on her face telling me she was up to no good. I turned around a continued walking.

"And that's when Nika curved dat nigga like a bad toss. Haha!" Robyn yelled following me. I felt bad so I turned around and gave her a small smile and a thank you.

"You're welcome Nic." She responded. Her tone didn't sound too pleased. It came off kind of desperate and needy. Something I've never heard before.

She drove off and Robyn and I entered my house.

"Mommmy I'm home!" Robyn yelled.

"Chile ya don live here so stop actin like it. And I'm not ya mommy!" my mother yelled. We went through this every time. It was apart of Robyn's after school routine.

"Nika baby how was school?" my mom asked. I heard Robyn smack her lips.

"See I always knew you had a favorite. Im running away n there's nothin yuh can do yuh stop me." Robyn said.