Chapter One

"Can you knock?" Luke complained as heard the door to his office close and the presence of another human approach him. Luke Hemmings wasn't always the nicest person to approach and that simply fell onto the idea that order was needed for success. Growing up he was more laid back and he spent his days in a sucessful band with three of his friends before deciding to call it quits as a musician. He then opened up a record label with one of the band members and it's been six years since then; their business is flourishing.

"Can you relax? I've brought us take out on the way back here from Ash's company." Michael sat down on one of Luke's chairs and kicked up his feet onto the coffee table, making Luke soften his hard shell and glance up him for the first time since he arrived in amusement. Michael opened the bag and got out his food before tossing the bag onto Luke's desk. "Thanks. How's he doing?"

"He's doing well. He was in a teaching session with one of his students when I came in but it was cool." Michael stuffed a fry into his mouth and reached over to open up his soda. Ashton Irwin is a current best friend of the two men, and owns a music company with Calum Hood, who is also a current best friend of the two. All of them were once in a band but now that's just a distant memory. The men still make music apart of their everyday lives, Ashton and Calum teaching it to younger generations, Luke and Michael providing a record label for self expression.

"Oh by the way. I hired an assistant for you. Your current one has barely been here anymore since his wife had the baby."

"Michael I don't need a new assistant. Scott's been here for the past three years."

"And Scott needs to worry about his newborn instead of getting coffee each morning for a whiny grown man," Michael chuckled, getting up and patting Luke on the shoulder. "And you need to worry about getting laid. It's been a while."

"Well it's easy for you to talk about getting laid. You have a wife."

"So what? You're attractive, you could actually get some if you weren't so uptight." Michael headed towards the door and adjusted the expensive watch on his right arm. "The intern is coming in a few days, I already hired her actually. Have fun." Michael closed the door behind him and Luke rolled his eyes, pushing a curl out of his face as he stared at the door that his best friend previously occupied. "Little shit." He muttered, placing his elbows on the desk and continuing his lunch.