Seventeen

Today marked only two months to go before I'd be having our baby. I couldn't believe it, 7 long months flying by ridiculously fast.

Niall and I had painted his second bedroom blue green and brown, well Niall painted most of it while I supervised. We still hadn't decided on a name yet, but that was fine seeing as we still had a long two months to make up our minds.

Everything was just.....perfect.

Niall was the best boyfriend and father to be I could ask for. He pampered me like crazy, put up with every single one of my mood swings and cravings. He gave me massages without me even having to ask him, and carried on our tradition of painting my toenails seeing as I really couldn't reach now.

I loved him more and more each day, yet I had still reframed from admitting my adorning feelings to him. I was scared, terrified really that he wouldn't utter the same words back even though I knew he did care about me. I just didn't know how deep his feelings were.

"I'm making chicken Alfredo!" Niall calls then from what I presumed to be the kitchen. I was laying on the couch with my feet elevated on a pillow, flipping through the pages of a magazine that showed beautifully fit women wearing bikinis. I cringed just looking at them and then down at myself. I wanted my body back but that would have to wait.

"I'm not eating chicken!" I call back to him. It nauseated me to just think about eating chicken, even though it was one of my favourite foods. The further along in my pregnancy I got, the less things I could eat without vomiting immediately after.

"Fine fine, I won't put it in yours"

I giggled, tossing the magazine filled with women I wished to be away from me.

Clanking of pots can be heard in the kitchen, and a short while later Niall is joining me in the living room.

"How are you feeling baby?" Niall asks, pressing a sweet kiss to my forehead. I smile up at him, reaching my hand out and entwining my fingers with his. "Good" I murmur before he touches his warm lips to mine, barely kissing me but making his presence known.

"Did you pick up the parmesan cheese?" I mumble against his mouth, pushing my fingers into the hair at the back of his head.

Niall groans, shaking his head slightly but making no move to stop kissing me. I can't help from smiling, nor could I deny the tingling I felt in my veins every time his tongue swiped along my lower lip or his fingertips touched my skin.

But, I needed my parmesan cheese for Alfredo.

"Niallllll." I groan, giggling as he grunts in annoyance when I try to push him back by his shoulder.

I manage to break free, smiling up at my boyfriend and rubbing my nose against his in an Eskimo kiss. "I really really need the cheese."

I give him my best puppy dog eyes, pouting my bottom lip out and causing Niall to groan again.

"Alright, I'll go get it. Just for you though." He winks and walks out of the living room, towards the front door.

"It's for your son too, he loves his cheese already!" I call, rubbing my hands over my tummy. I hear Niall's signature heart warming laugh before the door is closing behind him and I'm left in a peaceful silence.

Once he's gone, I change into my pj's and make sure Niall turned the stove off. The sun is completely gone down now, the dark sky smudged with smoky clouds. It was peaceful for me to just stand by the window and peer out at the chaos below. The car horns honking, people walking in every direction. It made me realize that life was chaotic and crazy for everyone, not just me.