Nineteen

Shay's POV

"Mom, I don't know what to do!" I complained, pacing across the apartment in an unhealthy manner with my phone pressed to my ear. She was trying her absolute hardest to calm me, but my whirlpool of emotions couldn't be contained right now.

I hadn't seen Niall for three days.

Three days.

Three whole days.

I didn't know what to do, who to call. Niall and I hadn't really discussed much about his friends so I had no numbers to call them. I didn't even know his parents contact information, but then again they were in Ireland; I had a feeling they wouldn't know anymore than I did.

"Honey, there has to be a logical explanation for this. Niall is a sweet boy, he wouldn't just leave you."

My eyes begin to water at the mere thought of Niall wanting to leave me. I bite harshly into my lip, I would not cry on the phone with my mother listening on the other line.

"Shay, honey are you there?"

"Yes." I whisper, my legs beginning to move again as I continue my pacing.

"Have you called him?"

I roll my eyes, staring out of the window hoping to see his car pull in. "Mother, of course I have called him. I have called at least 40 times and left countless messages. I don't know what to do."

"Maybe you'll just have to wait it out."

I didn't want to agree with her but I really didn't have any other options. I had no else to call but Niall and he wasn't picking up his phone. I didn't want to phone the police either, if something wasn't actually wrong I knew he would hate me for getting them involved when they didn't need to be.

A familiar knock on the door breaks me from my trance of staring out of the window.

"Mom, I have to go. Arabella is here."

I end the conversation as quickly as possible and jog to the door, swinging it open and pulling my friend into my arms. I missed having her around so much, and it was times like this that I needed her most.

"What the fuck is going on?" She asks me worriedly, rubbing over the material of my sweatshirt. I shake my head, unsure of how to even answer her question. I didn't have any idea of what the hell was going on.

"I don't know where Niall is, I haven't seen him since those people tried to get in." Sniffling, I blink rapidly and inhale deeply to stop the tears. I had cried enough in the passed three days.

"I still don't understand that," she slips off her sandals and takes a seat on the couch, me following close behind. "Like who the hell were they?"

"One of them said they were a friend of Niall's, and the other...." I gulp, thinking back to the skeleton like man that had frightened me so much his bony face had haunted my nightmares while Niall's been gone. "I don't know who he was, but Niall didn't seem too impressed knowing he was here, near me."

Arabella nods, though I can tell she's having troubles processing this situation. I was having troubles with it myself.

"How about I make some tea? You could probably use some rest Shay." Her eyes glance down at my stomach and I sigh, rubbing my temples.

"I'm just so scared."

Arabella stands from the couch, taking my shaking hands into hers. "I know you are, but your main priority is your baby right now. This stress cannot be good for you two." She smiles at me and then scurries into the kitchen to make the tea.