[Chapter 1] The Phoenix

Author's Note: Hey guys! I know most of you probably don't read these, but it would mean the world to me if you would check out @the_infinite_author's book called "Fighting For The Title Of Her Lover". It's a Fall Out Boy fanfiction (mixed with Little Mix, Panic! At The Disco, and Smosh) and it's REALLY good. Plus, the author is like the nicest person ever and a really good writer. Please go check it out! And regarding this book, I hope you like this chapter and thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael

Phil was tied down to a chair by his ankles and wrists. His body was finally able to move again and he began tugging at the ropes that tied him down, but it was futile. He sighed in defeat and turned his head to see two girls walk into the dark room he was in.

"Please help me!" He cried as he tried to stand up, only to be restricted by the ropes. "Please!"

The girls exchanged looks before splitting up, each taking one side of Phil. One girl picked up a long piece of cloth, whereas the other girl picked up a meat cleaver.

"W-w-what are you doing?" Phil stuttered as the girl with the cloth tied it around his mouth. Sweat beaded on Phil's forehead as the girl with the meat cleaver raised it in the high in the air. Phil's heart began to beat hard against his chest and he started squirming even more. The girl drove the cleaver down, cutting Phil's hand off. He screamed in pain, though it was muffled by the cloth.

The girl put the non-sharp side of the cleaver up to her mouth and licked it.

"Eww," The other girl said, "That's gross."

The girl who licked the cleaver retracted the cleaver to her side and agreed, "Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking..." She shivered in disgust as she turned away to go wash the taste of blood out of her mouth.

*****

In Los Angeles, Anthony lied in bed with his girlfriend, Kalel, making one of their vlogs for their YouTube channel, WULAS. They were laughing when all of a sudden, their doorbell rang. Anthony rolled his eyes as he set down the camera.

"Want to go get that?" Kalel asked.

Anthony groaned as he rolled over and set foot on the ground. He made his way out of the bedroom, slipping into a t-shirt, and made his way to the front door. When he opened it though, he found no one there. Instead, he found a plastic bag hanging from the doorknob. He took it off and looked into - a severed, blood-covered hand sat at the bottom of the bag.

"OH GROSS!" He screamed as he dropped the bag and went back inside, slamming the door behind him.

"What's wrong?" Kalel asked as she came out of the bedroom hallway, tying her robe. "Who was it?"

"Some sick person left a fucking severed hand on our doorknob!" He yelled, pointing at the closed door, "It's disgusting!"

"Do you know whose hand it was?" She inquired.

"Why would I know?" He snapped at her, "It's a fucking severed hand!"

"Well get rid of it!" She cried.

Anthony walked over to the door and opened it a crack, looking down at the plastic bag that was now lying on their doorstep. He opened the door more and bent down. Just as he went to pick up the bag, Kalel jumped on the back of him.

"What the...?" He began to ask when she stabbed a needle into his neck, injecting a sedative into his bloodstream. His eyes rolled back into his head as he collapsed. Kalel stepped over Anthony's limp body and dragged him to the van that had pulled up to the curb. The door slid to the side and Kalel had to get help from the driver to get him into the van. Kalel slammed the door shut and turned towards the driver, who had taken off her black ski mask.

"Who's next, Mari?" Kalel questioned. Just then, she was cut off by a loud squawking sound. Both girls covered their ears.

"What is that?" Mari screamed, her ears still covered.

"Some stupid bird Anthony got for a Smosh video! I think he said it was a phoenix!" Kalel yelled in response, "He didn't know what to do with it so he..." That's when a window broke and out came the bird, flying away as fast as it could. The girls dropped their hands to their sides as they watched the bird fly away. She sighed, "So he locked it in the basement."

"That wasn't smart of him."

"I know."

"So...what'd you ask before all that happened?" Mari asked.

"Oh, right, who's next?"

*****

Louise and Dan were walking out of a Starbucks, having a casual conversation. They went their separate ways. As Dan made his way to his car, he noticed a bird flying in the sky. He raised his eyebrow in confusion as black van pulled up the parking lot and blocked the way out.

Dan shook his head and went to turn around, but before he could do that, he was tackled from behind by Louise, who pushed him forward into the van, whose door was now open. The two stumbled into the back, where Anthony was propped up against the wall, sedated.

The door closed behind Louise and Dan and the car sped into motion. Louise sat Dan on the next to Anthony and looked down at her friend, whispering, "I'm so sorry, Dan."

*****

The next person on their list was Ian. But while the girls were picking up the three other YouTubers, the two girls back with Phil had begun operating on him. They had moved him from the chair to an operating table, where he was once again restrained.

"Who are you, anyways?" He cried as the girls prepared for surgery. They wore masks over their faces so he couldn't see who they were.

"Don't worry about it," One girl answered.

"What are you doing to me?" He inquired as he tried to free himself.

"It'll be over before you know it," The other girl said, not really answering his question. "It helps if you don't freak out," The girl smirked under her mask. Phil screamed in pain as the girls began to prod him with their surgical instruments.

*****

The van pulled up to the gas station where Ian was pumping gas. He was tapping his foot as the gasoline flowed into his gas tank. He lifted his left wrist to look at his watch for the time and then looked back in the car, only to see that his girlfriend was missing out of the passenger's seat. He raised his eyebrow in confusion before calling her name, "Melanie?"

Melanie was pressed up against the side of the car parked in front of Ian's, pouring chloroform onto a white cloth. She heard him call her name again, "Melanie! Where are you?" He put the nozzle back into its holder and began to walk towards the QuickMart, thinking she must've gone in there to use the bathroom or get a drink. She jumped to her feet and ran up behind him, holding the soaked cloth up to his mouth. He twisted and turned in an attempt to break free from her hold, but he dropped to the ground, unconscious, within a minute. Melanie heaved a sigh and looked up at the sky, thinking to herself: What have I just done?

"Hey, Melanie!" Kalel called from passenger side of the van that had pulled into the gas station. Melanie looked over at her, "Come on! We don't have all day!"

Melanie sighed and grabbed her boyfriend by his ankles, dragging him along the pavement and getting him into the back of the van, where Louise helped her seat Ian on the other side of Anthony that Dan wasn't on. The two girls sat across from the three men as the van sped forward, towards the location where Phil was sitting at a dining table, barely able to stay conscious from all the torture he'd been put through.