[Chapter 4] My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up)

Author's Note: I just want to apologize in advanced for how shitty this chapter is going to be. I had a super hard time trying to figure out what should be thrown into the fire and all that jazz. And it's kind of short...so...I hope it's not TOO shitty. All I can say is that it's going to get better from here (or so I hope). Anyways, thanks for reading! -rac06h10ael

Mari was in the driver's seat and speeding down the dark, deserted streets, making sharp turns around corners. They finally arrived at the destination, an abandoned field surrounded by tall trees. Mari turned the car off and sighed, "Is he here?"

Louise, who was sitting in the passenger seat, looked out the window and back. "Yup, he's here."

Standing in the field was Shane Dawson, dressed as Switch, carrying a gallon of propane in his hand. He took in a quick breath before walking forward towards the large pile of branches and sticks set up in a pyramid. He started to douse the pile with the flammable liquid. The branches dripped in propane as he continued to add more and more.

Once the gallon was empty, he threw the container to the side and pulled a box of matches out of his pocket. He pulled out a match and ran it across the edge of the box. A small flame burned on the end of the match. The match illuminated Shane's face. He held it there for a little too long, and before he knew it, the flame had burned up the match and burned the tips of his fingers. "Shit!" He screamed as he dropped the burnt match and shook his hand out.

"What's taking him so long?" Mari asked impatiently, looking back for herself.

Shane lit another match, this time not hesitating to throw it down into the thin trail of propane that led to the bonfire. The fire glowed a bright blue before it lit up and inched towards the pile of sticks. Shane stood there, arms crossed over his chest as he tapped his foot, waiting for the bonfire to ignite. He checked his watch just as the sticks blew up in a bright, hot, yellow-orange fire.

He threw his hands in the air in victory. "And that's how you light 'em up!" He said to himself before dropping his arms and admiring the fire.

"That's our cue. Let's go," Louise said before she and Mari got out of the van parked a good distance behind Shane. The two approached him, carrying items that belonged to the kidnapped YouTubers.

"You've got the stuff?" Shane asked the girls.

"Right here," Mari said, holding up what she had in her hand. He nodded his head in understanding before turning around and walking away.

The two girls started off with the little and meaningless things, like posters and bobble-heads, stuff like that. But the more and more stuff they threw in, the bigger and more important the things became. Like Smosh's book of ideas, Dan's dinosaur suit, Phil's lion suit, the computers they used to edit their videos. Thick, black smoke tumbled up into the air. Ashes were sent everywhere with each item added.

Once the fire had died down quite significantly as it burned all of the things thrown into it, Shane returned, with a flamethrower in his hand. A small yellow flame with a blue base burned from the end of the long barrel. As he approached the fire, the girls took one last look at the fire before turning around and walking towards the van whose lights were on.

Shane stood a good ten feet away from the fire, holding the flamethrower out in front of him. He took in a quick breath before pulling the trigger. Nothing happened. "What?" He smacked the flamethrower and pulled the trigger again. "Come on!"

"What's going on, Shane?" Mari called out to him.

"Nothing!" He called back before finally getting the flamethrower to work and adding more to the fire that started to smolder out. The bonfire lit up even more. More smoke rolled up into the sky. More ashes were sent flying.

Meanwhile, Mari and Louise had reached the van and opened the two back doors, revealing the four YouTubers, tied up by their wrists and ankles with cloth bags tied over their heads. They were struggling to break free.

"COME ON, SHANE!" Louise called out to him, "THAT'S ENOUGH!"

He dropped the flamethrower to the ground and jogged over to the van.

"You know what to do," Mari told him as she crossed her arms over her chest.

A smirk crawled onto Shane's face as he once again pulled out the box of matches and ran one of the matches along the edge. The match lit up and he threw it into the van. The girls closed the doors and backed away with Shane. The three watched as the windows glowed a faint orange and smoke began to seep through the cracks around the back doors and between the two doors.

"Our job here is done," Louise said, high-fiving Mari and Shane, "Now it's up to them." They turned around to see a group of people coming out of the tree-line on their bikes.