[Chapter 3] Alone Together

Melanie strutted down the halls of the dark building with the silver suitcase in hand, the handcuffs Phil used to cuff himself to the case still attached. She walked outside and to a vehicle that was parked by the curb. The vehicle was a long black limousine with a California license plate that read "YTDSTRYR". Melanie made her way around to the passenger side of the car where the window in the back was rolled down. A female's hand stuck out. Melanie handed off the suitcase. "Here you go, just what you wanted."

"Thanks, now make sure they don't get away," The female in the car ordered.

"Yes, ma'am," Melanie retorted. The window rolled up and the car sped away.

Melanie turned back around and walked inside, where she met up with Mari in the hallway outside of the chapel. Inside the chapel, at the front where the altar should've been, sat Phil, tied down to a chair with leather straps around his torso, arms, wrists, and ankles. Behind him were machines that administered and measured volts of electricity. Wires were attached to him and two thin, flat strips stuck out from the sides of his head.

As for his friends, Anthony was seated on a stool in a dimly lit room with light bulbs suspended from the ceiling in no particular pattern. Behind him were mannequins, and around their headless necks were cameras. He had been put in a straitjacket. Same for Ian and Dan.

Ian was sitting on a stool in the center of a stage, bright lights illuminating Ian and the red curtain behind him. In front of him on the stage was a microphone.

Dan, on the other hand, was in a room with decor from the seventies, it might've seemed. A camera was set up in front of him, recording him and his every move and playing it on a box television set up behind him. Placed on his ears were a set headphones that played the worst music possible.

Phil woke up and tugged at the straps restricting his movement. He started looking around, taking in his surroundings - the pews, the stained glass window behind him, the machines. At the same time, Anthony, Dan, and Ian had done the same. The four of them began to scream for help, Phil trying to break the straps and the other three struggling to get out of their straitjackets.

Melanie and Mari walked into the chapel, coming in on different sides and meeting in the middle where the aisle was. They grabbed each other's hands and approached Phil.

"Help me!" He cried, "Please!"

The two girls glanced at each other and then back at Phil, saying nothing. By now, Phil was infuriated. He'd been beaten, abused, and unanswered. A look of anger washed over his face, "IT'S NOT FUNNY ANYMORE! WHY WON'T ANYONE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?" He shouted, squirming in the chair in an attempt to break free.

"Tighten the straps," Melanie ordered Mari before grabbing onto Phil's chin and saying soothingly, "Don't worry Phil, it'll be all over before you know it."

"WHAT WILL BE OVER?" He screamed, "WHAT IS IT?"

*****

In the room Anthony was staying in, a door cracked open to reveal a shadow in the doorway - Kalel's shadow. She walked into the room. A scowl appeared on the YouTuber's face - he knew it was she who had stabbed him in the neck with the needle. It had to be her - she was the only one else in the house. That's when Anthony noticed a hook over Kalel's hand, and in the other was a camera. "What the...?" He began to ask when Kalel started circling around him, snapping pictures here and there.

"What are you doing?" Anthony shouted at his girlfriend.

"Oh nothing," She replied before putting the camera up in his face and snapping another picture, the flash nearly blinded poor Anthony.