Chapter Forty Three: To Save Her From Herself

Back behind the walls of the Capital, Run is chasing down his target. The Revolutionary assassin is running across the rooftops before quickly jumping down onto a lower rooftop. "Why do you insist on running? There's no way you'll escape us!", Run exclaims as his wings start to glow with his bright aura. As he quickly catches up to the assailant, he shoots some of his feathers at him, which pin the man by his clothes to the rooftop. "Y-you bastard! How does it feel to be helping a murderer kid!? You're just as ignorant as that puppet of an Emperor and as disgusting as that pig Prime Minister Honest!! I hope you all go to hell for your crimes!!!", the man exclaims as he tries to break free, but fails miserably. Run simply sighs before saying, "You certainly are fired up about this. We'll just send for the guards and they can take you to your cell." He looks around before saying, "It seems your fleeing sent us pretty far the Palace. We should get back to our duties before we're missed. Wave is more than likely already caught his target and returned to the Palace by now." "We're probably making them worry. We should go.", he thinks before taking off into the air. As he's flying back toward the Palace, he suddenly stops when he senses a faint, yet familiar aura. As the aura seems to vanish, he looks around frantically for the source, thinking, "No, he can't be here! Not now!" Soon, he sense the aura once more, and he flies toward the source, making sure to remain hidden on the rooftops from anyone who might be watching. When he looks down to the city streets, he sees a few people walking along the sidewalks like everyday citizens do, until he sees a slight pulse come off of one of the people in the crowd. On closer inspection, he sees it's a blind man walking around with a cane, tapping it against the nearby walls and the ground to help him find his way around. He follows the man down the street, staying out of sight the entire time, before the man comes to an abrupt stop. The man quickly taps his cane against the nearby wall three times before moving on as if nothing happened. This wasn't any ordinary act, as Run saw with his enhanced eyes. As the man tapped his cane against the wall, Run saw the man's aura move through his body to the cane and into the stone wall. "That aura, it's definitely him alright. There's no mistaking it.", Run says to himself as he continues to follow after the man. Before he can finish his thought, the man suddenly starts rushing down the street, quickly moving in between the many people walking along the street. "You can't escape that easily!", Run thinks to himself as he rushes to follow the man while keeping his presence hidden. As he rushes through the streets, Run continues to tail him from above. He manages to evade the guards blocking the gate by leaping over their barricade before taking off into the nearby forest. Even with this, Run doesn't lose him as he flies over the entire gate and uses his enhanced vision to track the man's movements through the forest. As the man goes to cross a river, Run launches his feathers down at the man, aiming to pin him to the ground, but is surprised as the man deflects them by knocking them out of the air with his cane. Run and the mystery man seem to have a stare down before Run lets out a slight chuckle. "We really shouldn't be surprised. An attack like that is beyond expected by someone like you, right, Minazuki?", Run says to the man with a sincere smile. With that, the man's body and clothes start to disfigure and turn into sand which seems to fall off of something, or someone. Under all the sand, Run sees Minazuki's iconic mask slowly reveal itself, his eyes seeming to stare through Run. "Run, it's been some time. You've grown in more ways than one it seems.", Minazuki says as the sand he used to disguise himself moves up and into his jacket. "Yes, last time we remember seeing you, you nearly killed us.", Run says with a slight glare aimed at the man below him. He lets out a slight chuckle at Run's complaint before saying, "I see you two are getting along." This causes Run to flinch a bit before smiling and saying, "You didn't really give us much of an option." The two stare each other down in silence before Minazuki breaks it, saying, "You already know what I'm going to ask, don't you Run?" Run simply nods and Minazuki asks, "Well, will you take my offer then? You've noticed who he is, haven't you?" Minazuki extends his hand out to him and Run seems to consider his offer before saying, "I'm afraid I can't do that." He lets out a disappointed sigh before saying, "Very well. Then I'll be taking my leave.", and turning around to walk away. As he goes to leave, his path is blocked off by a wave of white feathers firing down upon him. As the feathers reach their mark, the force of the attack causes dirt and dust to fly into the air, forming a giant dust cloud. Run covers his mouth as the dust begins to reach all the way up to him, even though he's flying. "Did we get him?", Run thinks to himself as his eyes begin to glow and he tries to sense Minazuki's aura. "That was a foolish move, especially for you two.", he hears someone say before quickly turning around to see Minazuki floating behind him, standing on top of a floating cloud made of sand. He quickly turns around and blasts him a second time, but this time Minazuki uses his sand to deflect the attack. "If it's a fight you want, I'll entertain you for a while.", Minazuki says with a slight chuckle before knocking Run higher into the sky with a dragon claw made of sand.