Chapter Fifty Five: To Kill A God

With his newly found power, Shol slams the two dragons together before tossing them away. Though they recover quickly from the attack, Shol spreads his wings ominously as he lets out a horrifying roar, sending a chill down the spines of all the soldiers in Najenda's small band of Imperial Arm users. Budo looks up to the sky and notices the fire raining down from the sky and says, "We need to do something about this, or our army will be burned to ashes!" "Run, do you think you can make a wall of wind that can cover the Capital?", Esdeath asks the boy. He seems uncertain at first, but quickly nods to her before saying, "I believe I can, but it will take a great deal of concentration. I won't be able to aid you in your battle here." "We'll deal with this mess! Now go!", Budo shouts, his rage boiling over as he can't summon down his lightning. As the ferocious dragon looms over them, Najenda grits her teeth at the sight of her Night Raiders in such a state. "Everyone!! Use any means necessary to defeat this foe!! We at least have to make an opening for our comrades to finish him off!!", Najenda exclaims and her forces rush forward. "Insolent Mortals!! You dare challenge me!? A GOD!?! Burn for your ignorance!!!", Shol exclaims as he fires a wave of flames at the small army of Imperial Arm users. To his surprise, they're sent flying away as Lubbock weaves his Realm Severing threads around the group, creating a whirling defensive barrier. "Looks like you're underestimating us! You probably shouldn't do that!!", Lubbock exclaims as Susanoo takes the lead on the charge. Shol throws a punch at the Imperial Arm, but Susanoo manages to dodge the attack before leaping up onto and running up the length of his arm. As Susanoo rushes up the length of the God's arm, Shol ignores the pest to deal with the plethora of energy balls being hurled at him by a short, pudgy guy wearing a mask. Seeing an opening, Susanoo goes to slam his weapon into the beast's face, but when he does, it shatters against his scales. "I-It shattered..?", Susanoo thinks in complete shock before being completely engulfed in a flaming breath of destruction. "Susanoo!!!", Najenda calls out to him as the Imperial Arm leaps out of the flames, half his body charred by the overwhelming fire. As he lands next to her and his injuries start to regenerate, he bluntly notes, "His scales are tougher than expected. Physical attacks of our level might be ineffective." The God continues on his rampage, breathing a powerful wave of flames towards the mortal group of Imperial Arm users, but before the flames can consume the small army, they're protected by a wall of stone that rises up from the ground. To Shol's surprise, Tatsumi divebombs him from up above as Quake bursts out from under his feet, aiming to catch him off guard and land a few good hits. He manages to dodge Tatsumi's attack, sidestepping it as he pulls Quake up from out of the ground and slams the other God back down with an outrageous amount of strength. As he hits the ground, his stone wings shatter on impact and Shol lands a quick, yet overwhelming punch to Quake's chest, causing the scales he hit to crack dramatically and fall off. Shol's eyes widen confidently as a grin comes across his dragonic face, but he's suddenly sent crashing against the ground as Quake lands a Godly punch on his face. Though the attack sends him flying, Shol doesn't take any noticeable damage from the hit. He glance over at Najenda's small army and rushes over to crush them. "Where do you think you're going!?", Quake exclaims as he sends stone spears jetting out of the ground to run the God through, but Shol merely dodges them. A lone soldier wielding a mighty warhammer with a demonic skull as the head of the weapon swings his weapon at the beast, trying to slay the God, but is merely crushed under Shol's mighty claw, his blood gushing out from under the pressure. "You mortals are so ignorant to your situation. Even though you're going against a GOD you still insist on fighting to your last breaths, how annoying.", Shol notes as he lifts his claw up to reveal the crushed corpse of the former soldier. He stomps down on the corpse one last time, sending more blood squirting out of the man's remains as he exclaims, "I'll make every single one of you foolish mortals regret the thought of raising a hand against me!!!" To his surprise, the soldiers aren't even remotely phased by his boasting, still charging head-on at him. They quickly scatter as a young girl with rabbit ears leaps up into the air and uses Heavy Pressure's trump card: Nasty Voice. This sends a powerful series of soundwaves down upon the God of Destruction, shaking him to his very core. As he's left somewhat stunned by this annoying sound, another Imperial Arm user, this one a man wearing a mask type Imperial Arm that allows him to manipulate puppets like soldiers, rushes towards the dragon with his puppets, all of them wielding powerful spears for maximum range. Shol ignores this attack and simply sweeps the puppets and their master up into the air with his tail before going to blast him with a raging ball of flames. Before he can ignite the soldier, however, Akame rushes in and manages to fly by him, slashing him across the only part of his body without scales: his eyes. Though she only manages to get his left eye, the dragon is clearly phased by the attack, reeling back in pain from the attack as he holds his bleeding eye socket with one claw as he blocks a powerful punch from Tatsumi with the other. He delivers a quick headbutt to Tatsumi before smashing the crushed soldier's Imperial Arm with his now free hand. This causes a strange energy to leave the destroyed weapon as he lifts his claw, entering Shol's body through his wounded eye. "That was an interesting idea, mortal. I must say, I did not anticipate you being able to take advantage of the situation so easily. I won't make that same mistake a second time.", Shol says to the girl as his eye begins to heal thanks to the energy he just absorbed from the warhammer.