I Can't Lose Both

I just saw the story had 600+ reads and got really motivated to write. Thank you for reading the story.

“Joyce?”, Naoki said in a surprised tone. “Where is my daughter? Where did you take her?”, Naoki said almost shouting and walked outside the house while talking to her. Meanwhile, Kotoko was beside Oka San consoling her that everything will be okay. Oka San kept apologising for not taking good care of Kotomi. “It’s not your fault Oka San. We will get her back safe and sound. We will have her in our arms soon. Please don’t cry, please.”, Kotoko tried to comfort her even though she had trail of tears down her cheek flowing continuously.

A few hours before

“How is my baby? Awww….. Why are you so cute?”, Oka San was playing with the little baby and the baby hadn’t stopped laughing. Oka San was sitting on a chair in her room with her grandbaby in her lap and playing with her, unaware of the fact that she left the main door of the house unlocked while she came back from outside.
Someone opened the door discretely and started walking towards the room from where the sounds were coming with slow steps, keeping a firm hold on the rod she had. She slowly crept behind the lady, raised the rod and hit her on her head from behind. She took the now wailing baby in her arms and said with a smirk “You are my only key to get revenge on Kotoko and get Naoki back”, as she hastily left the house with the baby.

Present time

“I can’t lose either of them. What do I do?”, Naoki thought sitting outside his house. Joyce’s voice kept reverberating in his mind “Don’t even dare to tell the police or else forget you had a daughter.” He didn’t know what do to. He had to get his daughter back but he couldn’t comply to Joyce’s words either. Naoki was in a fix. He couldn’t decide how he would plan everything so that everything will be fine.

What do you think Joyce wants?? Please do leave your thoughts in the comments.
So, I finally updated. I know this is short, but I am trying my very best to give this story a nice ending. I will try to update within a few days again. Thank you to all the readers for waiting. Please do leave your comments. They are very precious to me. Hope to see you all soon.