2

Your POV

I was casually eating my lunch when suddenly, "Urgh," someone groaned out loud and not even a second later, a red and black checkered backpack got thrown on the table. I looked up from my food and was met with a clearly pissed off Camila.

She plopped down on the bench across from me and grumpily blew away the strand of hair that has fallen out of her messy bun. "You don't look happy," I stated as I munched on my sandwich.

"I'm so fucking irritated. Holy shit," she propped her chin in her palm and tapped on the table with her fingers with her other hand, "I wanna punch something."

"Any reason why you're mad?"

"We're doing this groups project for physics, and this bish I'm working with... she has something to say about everything I say and when I ask her for ideas, she'll either just come up with the biggest bullshits or she just completely ignores me and continue to do whatever she's doing on her phone. And at the end of the period, she was pissed at me for not having done anything useful."

"It's just a school project. I'll help you with it if it doesn't work out."

"Yeah, but the problem is, this happens every damn time. It's like the teachers are playing with me or something, 'cause I get paired up with her for almost everything."

"Who is it?" I asked and took a sip from my bottle.

"Fucking Lauren."

Hearing that name made my heart skip a beat and I almost choked on my water.

You see what the funny thing is... I kinda... like Lauren... And if there's one person that Camila strongly dislikes, it's her. They've never gotten along, and according to Camila, the green-eyed girl is the worst person she's ever met, but... I don't know, she seems pretty nice to me.

But yeah. I have feelings for, pretty much, the only person my best friend hates. She doesn't know it though. I mean, it's not like I need Camila's approval to like someone, but it is kinda only fair to at least tell her about it because she tells me everything too and I do care about her opinions on a lot of things.

"Speaking of school stuff, can I come over today to do homework together?"

"We don't share any classes...?" I said confusedly.

"I don't understand a single shit about math right now, so I wanted you to explain it to me... without being too obvious about it," she shrugged.

"Hmm, sure."

-

After classes have ended for the day, we both walked home and spend the next hour on the mathematical topics. Currently, we're taking a small break. I was mindlessly doodling random things on a piece of paper when a phone suddenly got pushed into my face, "Look."

I backed away a little from the screen and saw an Instagram picture of a shirtless guy, "Yeah? What about him?"

She pulled her phone back to her and stared at the photo, "Isn't he hot?" she said dreamily.

"He's alright," I shrugged.

She raised her eyebrows at me in disbelieve and shook her head, "Right, I forgot that it's not the smartest idea to ask your opinions about boys."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm into girls, but that doesn't mean I can't see attractiveness in guys."

"You've never find any guys attractive."

"I have. Just not the ones you've showed me," I pointed out. Like seriously, either we have a strongly different preference on guys or she just plainly has horrible taste.