10

Your POV

Today's graduation day...

This school year flew by rather quickly for what it seemed, but I guess that's usually the case though. When you're busy as hell, you'll feel like the clock tics faster. Okay, I wasn't busy in the sense of doing many things, it was more like a lot of stuff was happening in my life. That kiss with Camila felt like something that happened just last week, but in fact, a half year has already passed by since then.

"Y/N/N!" Shaking my head slightly, I saw Ally making her way over to me with her usual joyful attitude.

I smiled as she wrapped me in a big hug, "Hi Ally."

"Congratulations," she mumbled against me.

"Same to you."

She pulled away and watched at me with a proud look in her eyes, "Look at you... My baby has all grown up." She picked up the loose sleeves of my robe. "You look so adorable in your gown and cap," she cooed.

An amused smile tugged on my lips. "Ally, you're wearing the exact same thing," I chuckled, "You're starting to sound like my mother."

She playfully smacked my arm and shook her head, "But seriously though, it's crazy how fast those four years have gone by... I'm going to miss you so much."

"I'm gonna miss you too."'

We met on the first day at the beginning of Freshman year and somehow we just kinda stuck around ever since, along with Dinah. And now, she's going to move back to San Antonio for her study, Dinah's staying here in Miami and I'm gonna be in New York for mine. We're literally each going our separate ways, so... I probably won't see them in a long time. 

Her eyes began to water the longer she looked at me. "Oh shoot, this is starting to make me cry. Ah..." She carefully wiped away the forming tears in her eyes and let out a small laugh, "Let's talk about something else. Have you talked to Dinah yet?"

"Yeah, she just left to take pictures with her family right before you came here." I pointed in the direction I last saw her went to.

She slowly nodded her head. "What about Camila?"

"I mean, I saw her walk on stage to receive her diploma," I shrugged.

"Other than that, no?" she asked with a hint of hope. I haven't really told them much about what has happened between Camila and I, but with how much the way we are around each other has changed, it wouldn't take people too long to realize that something's up. 

I shook my head in negative.

She pursed her lips together in a tight-lipped smile and put a hand on my shoulder. Just then her dad called out for her. We bid our final goodbye before I walked back to my family.

My parents had invited the rest of the family and some close friends to come here too, so I immediately got overwhelmed by everyone. They all started asking me questions and talked to me at the same time and I soon become the center of all the attention. The social anxiety in me got slightly triggered, so I told my mom I was going outside to breathe in some fresh air.

My feet walked me toward the playground situated behind the school building. Camila and I discovered this place in the first few months of high school and this quickly became our go-to spot for free periods, lunch breaks, and sometimes we'll just hang around here after classes. It's just a nice, quiet place that not a lot of people knows of.

I haven't been here for a while now... A lot of memories were made at this place, so I feel like I should visit it one more time before I move away, to get some sort of closure I guess. Sighing to myself, I went to sit on one of the two swings there.